Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Young RE Investors

Phantomtib

Registered
i`m from calgary... do you have gmail? we could make a gmail group for Calgary... let me know. aerialinvestments (att) gmail (dott) com

CarlaJohnson

Registered
QUOTE (devc @ Feb 26 2009, 08:15 PM)
I'll definitely pick up a copy if I see it on shelves -- what's distribution like with it? I've never seen it before.

I'm interested to read about the 12 &13 year old... Perhaps the parents (or the young investors!!) post here and could give a recap for those who haven't read the magazine?

Here in Ontario the magazine is available in Shoppers Drug Mart. In the west you may want to try London Drugs or Rexall.

The 12 & 13 year old girls have a very successul basket business. They specialize in welcome baskets for new tenants. Their website is www.littlehelpers.ca. They are very well-known to Calgary & Edmonton REIN members.

thuy

Registered
Hi everyone,
I`m 27, I live in Mississauga. I joined rein over a year ago. I have one investment property in Edmonton, Looking to invest in Hamilton next. I`m definitely in, anyone want to chat; message me: [email protected]

mattrussell

Registered
Is anyone in school full-time AND still has begun their RE career (with not much money either!)...?

I`d love to talk to YOU! ([email protected])

The conference call sounds like a valuable asset to us young-uns.

Matt

UTCVenturesLtd

Registered
QUOTE (princecharles @ Jan 8 2009, 12:21 AM) Hey there

Any young aspiring RE investors in their mid20s, or age doesnt even matter as long as you are a beginner, who would like to learn and strategize together please drop me a line at [email protected]. I would love to brainstorm and throw emails back and forth as I am in a similar position.

Cheers
Charles

52 yrs old and 4 years old at buying 2nd and 3rd properties, etc. I have had principle residences since 1977 and now am homeless as i work on house flips! Started in April, 2005 and up to 7 and still learning! Have 4 properties in Saskatchewan and 3 in Alberta. I did the rental scene a few times but my energy is more let loose flipping and seeing the project come together. Calgary to the Crowsnest Pass for Alberta and near the Outlook area for Saskatchewan properties. I have taken the REIN Quickstart home study course. My nephew in Winnipeg let me listen to his JV REIN course cds. Would love to find a few investors to flip properties with, one at a time. I have come across some real fun groups on youtube over the last while.

Bungee

Registered
QUOTE (UTCVenturesLtd @ Apr 4 2009, 11:54 AM)
Would love to find a few investors to flip properties with, one at a time. I have come across some real fun groups on youtube over the last while.

Hello,

do you have an email address i can get in contact with you?

mine is [email protected]

I'd like to get in touch with you.

nickek

Registered
18, looking to purchase first property very soon.

Looking for some Calgarians to network with, discuss obstacles and issues dealing with school, lack of funds, and JV partnerships.

Give me a shout at [email protected]

newtothegame

Registered
Russel,

Bit late responding but I`d love to be part of the conference call with the investors that started young. I`m 28, currently have 3 properties, and looking to take advantage of the deals out there now and the better ones coming up.

My questions would be:

What are their tips on using the equity in your current properties most effectively. (I have loads of equity in my one property)

What types of financing would they recommend, what percentage of financing do they usualy take out on their properties, what percentage of down payment?

What would be their number one piece of advice.

To what actions do they feel they "owe" their success.

I have so many... I could go on.

marco123

Registered
Hi, Russell

I would love to be part out this group as well.

I`m 23 now and joined REIN just back in March. I don`t have any properties yet and my goal is to get 3 by the end of this year.

Caninvestor

Registered
I am 25 years old and have 2 properties. I would love to be part out this group as well since its very hard for me to meet people from Ottawa with similar interest.

Sorry for the late post.

DaveRhydderch

Registered
For anyone in Calgary, we have a group together and we met lastnight. Great group of people. If you need any more info feel free to drop me a line

Fortuneinvesting

Registered
QUOTE (DaveRhydderch @ Apr 16 2009, 10:07 AM)
For anyone in Calgary, we have a group together and we met lastnight. Great group of people. If you need any more info feel free to drop me a line

Definitely worth it!

Billoaji

Registered
QUOTE (princecharles @ Jan 8 2009, 12:21 AM)
Hey there

Any young aspiring RE investors in their mid20s, or age doesnt even matter as long as you are a beginner, who would like to learn and strategize together please drop me a line at [email protected]. I would love to brainstorm and throw emails back and forth as I am in a similar position.

Cheers

Charles

Im defenitely in. I currently own one investment condo and am about to purchase my second. My vision is to build a solid foundation by owning easily maintainable condos that earn good positive cash flows, before i tackle the large triplex and up properties. Any opinions or suggestions?

Yassi

Registered
QUOTE (princecharles @ Jan 8 2009, 12:21 AM)
Hey there

Cheers

Charles

Hi everyone,

I'm in my late 20s, and would love to participate in this dynamic group
<

Sounds like a brilliant idea. Let's brainstorm!

Cheers!

kreezo

Registered
Hi all,
Great ideas here! I`m 23 now located in the downtown Toronto core but would love to meet other investors in the area.
If you would be interested in meeting up - drop me a line at [email protected]
Cheers,
Chris

dlynes

Registered
I'm also in. I'm a young 39, and my wife's a young 35. We both just moved to Hamilton area so that we could invest in commercial property in Brantford and Hamilton. We've lived the last fifteen years in Vancouver, but I grew up in Haldimand County.

After having attended a couple of Scott Scheel seminars, and the REIN/A.C.R.E. weekend in Brampton, we're all fired up. We got a lot of excellent ideas on the weekend, networked with a lot of amazing people, and learned a number of things that we hadn't already learned about real estate.

Our experience thus far has been from a duplex in Indianapolis, and my wife also purchased two presale condos in Coquitlam and Surrey, BC.

Ideally, we'd like to network with other like-minded individuals in the Hamilton/Brantford area, but we're open to networking with people outside the area, too.

QUOTE (jessandy @ Jan 23 2009, 08:18 AM)
26yr old 1 property, anyone from hamilton area?? young or not as young.

ps. this thread is starting to look like a dating service (SWF/29yr/blonde/blue.. haha). You could call it REIN-DATE.

Seriously though, I've been married for 5 years to a fellow real-estate lover and its awesome to be a husband-wife team.

anyways, I'm in.

AndyLuchies

Registered
i hope you get this in time:

Everyone's meeting here:

Hamilton Investor Meeting Date:

April 26th, 2009, 7pm Location:

Williams Coffee Pub Address:

2070 Appleby Line, Burlington

I'm also in. I'm a young 39, and my wife's a young 35. We both just moved to Hamilton area so that we could invest in commercial property in Brantford and Hamilton. We've lived the last fifteen years in Vancouver, but I grew up in Haldimand County.

After having attended a couple of Scott Scheel seminars, and the REIN/A.C.R.E. weekend in Brampton, we're all fired up. We got a lot of excellent ideas on the weekend, networked with a lot of amazing people, and learned a number of things that we hadn't already learned about real estate.

Our experience thus far has been from a duplex in Indianapolis, and my wife also purchased two presale condos in Coquitlam and Surrey, BC.

Ideally, we'd like to network with other like-minded individuals in the Hamilton/Brantford area, but we're open to networking with people outside the area, too.

golfguyinc

Registered
QUOTE (DaveRhydderch @ Apr 16 2009, 10:07 AM)

Hello Dave, I am located just south of the city in Black Diamond. 24 with no properties to date but looking to get started. What criteria do you need for your group?

Vishal

Registered
Hello,

Great thread! Unless, I missed a gathering in the Toronto west end area, I am looking to organize a small group of individuals that live around the Mississauga area.

If you are interested or if a group is in existence already please email me at: [email protected].

By the way, Russell - I would be interested in the conference call as well.

Thanks!

Top Bottom