Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Yellow Letters

Mystique

Registered
QUOTE (GaryMcGowan @ Oct 21 2009, 08:54 AM) I used Conerstone out of Toronto. I explained what I intended to use the list for and they where incredibly helpful. They recommended the Info-Direct Household list. They can filter it with many parameters and when I order a second list they will exclude the addresses they already sent me. Cost per 1000 is aprox $70. min order will run about $400 to $450. (depending on the parameters they use)..

Thank you Gord

JohnSoucie

REIN Member
QUOTE (C2Ventures @ Oct 21 2009, 10:16 PM) How about a post office box number...or leave blank.

Actually I think he mentioned not to use a PO Box. To me it`s a tip off that it may be commercial mail.

You simply put your address on it, no name.

JohnSoucie

REIN Member
QUOTE (neill @ Oct 21 2009, 11:53 PM) We have talked with Universal Lists - they have dedicated folks that look after LeGrand people.

Rate quoted is .14 for 5400 names so far - final purchase tomorrow - will see how close they get to the rates posted here.

It`s sounding like with the Privacy Act, the only list us Canadians can hope to get is Postal Codes?
Does anybody have any details of other lists we can requests. It does seem we are at a big disadvantage to the US lists which offer up all sorts of options. One I saw mentioned was asking for Free and Clear houses in a specific ZIP code. Nice......

I propose we start a new thread that discusses lists exclusively so we can compare prices and actual deal results people are getting for the various list types/suppliers. Not much to say there for Postal Code results, but I`m really hoping there are other searches available.

On a similar note I also propose we start another thread discussing courthouse lists....by province even. Things like....what type of info you are able to obtain, which I guess would differ at least on the foreclosure/power of sales by province. Other things could be who you are getting to collect the data there on a regular basis and how you found them. What to ask for and how to ask for it.....I`m guessing that some courthouses might have a lot of wickets/lineups to waste time at!

John Soucie

TerryKruse

Registered
QUOTE (TodorYordanov @ Oct 22 2009, 06:43 AM) http://www.cstonecanada.com/ will charge $ .70 per 1000 with minimum 5000 as per Gary

www.westlists.com will charge $550 for 5000

Pinnacle Lists quoted .15 per name (for 1000 names) and was about to order. I then got .11 name from West Lists. When I told Pinnacle that I was not proceeding, he asked why. He commented that he may have been able to match the West List price.

http://www.pinnaclelists.com/

Pinnacle uses Census Data, West List uses telephone company data. Who knows which will be better.

I wonder if a few of us got together and ordered, if could get a REIN price? I know that West List was surprised about their recent popularity.

I was going to order this morning but I can wait as I am waiting for Pat Live to get me a Calgary phone number. There is up to a 10 day wait (as I understand it) the number is included in the monthly cost anyway...

Terry

TerryKruse

Registered
http://www.theupsstore.ca/ has a P.O. Box that reads like private mail. Below is from the website.

Mail Receiving Services
Safe & Secure - A Mailbox Rental At The UPS Store Delivers Peace of Mind
The UPS Store locations offer customers secure 24-hour access to mail and postal deliveries. When you rent a mailbox at one of our locations, you not only receive a private mailing address, access to delivery of large packages and 24-hour access to your mailbox, but also peace-of-mind.

I had one a few years ago. It was more expensive than a normal P.O. Box but it would work if you are uncomfortable using your own address.

Terry

TerryKruse

Registered
QUOTE (TerryKruse @ Oct 22 2009, 08:04 AM) Pinnacle Lists quoted .15 per name (for 1000 names) and was about to order. I then got .11 name from West Lists. When I told Pinnacle that I was not proceeding, he asked why. He commented that he may have been able to match the West List price.

http://www.pinnaclelists.com/

Pinnacle uses Census Data, West List uses telephone company data. Who knows which will be better.

I wonder if a few of us got together and ordered, if could get a REIN price? I know that West List was surprised about their recent popularity.

I was going to order this morning but I can wait as I am waiting for Pat Live to get me a Calgary phone number. There is up to a 10 day wait (as I understand it) the number is included in the monthly cost anyway...

Terry

Pinnacle Lists offered me the list for .10¢ a name + $50 processing, equivalent to West List. Now the only difference may be where they get the list...

Terry

WJW

Registered
QUOTE (TerryKruse @ Oct 22 2009, 10:04 AM) I was going to order this morning but I can wait as I am waiting for Pat Live to get me a Calgary phone number. There is up to a 10 day wait (as I understand it) the number is included in the monthly cost anyway...

Terry

Terry,

I`m waiting for a local number from PatLive too, but they can give you an 800# and switch it over to the local number when its available. Then you can go to www.freephoneline.ca and get a local number for free and have that number forward to the 800# PatLive gives you. That way you can start right away :)

Also I`m looking at using www.YellowLetterComplete.com for my campaigns. They charge $0.99/letter with 500 minimum order.

Cheers!

TerryKruse

Registered
QUOTE (WJW @ Oct 22 2009, 12:00 PM) Terry,

I`m waiting for a local number from PatLive too, but they can give you an 800# and switch it over to the local number when its available. Then you can go to www.freephoneline.ca and get a local number for free and have that number forward to the 800# PatLive gives you. That way you can start right away :)

Also I`m looking at using www.YellowLetterComplete.com for my campaigns. They charge $0.99/letter with 500 minimum order.

Cheers!

Thanks a bunch. I will look into this. I am not a patient person....
Terry

MarkKruse

Registered
I did locate the following for creating, addressing, stuffing your letters based on a mail list you provide. It`s $0.99 per letter without stamps.
http://yellowletterscomplete.com/yellow-letters-in-canada/

I`m positive I heard someone at the seminar talking about a yellow-letter type of outfit operating out of Canada that will do all the above as well as adding the Canadian postage and optionally mailing for you from their Canadian office. I`m still searching for that...

TodorYordanov

Registered
QUOTE (WJW @ Oct 22 2009, 02:00 PM) Terry,

Cheers!

Reading from their help menue you can not forward to US or 800 number.

ZanderRobertson

Registered
I called PatLive today and they have my local numbers ready. It only took 1 day even though they told me the same thing about 10 days. Try calling them and your number might be ready.

Then we can send, send, send the yellow letters.

QUOTE (TodorYordanov @ Oct 22 2009, 03:31 PM) Reading from their help menue you can not forward to US or 800 number.

WJW

Registered
QUOTE (TodorYordanov @ Oct 22 2009, 05:31 PM) Reading from their help menue you can not forward to US or 800 number.

Todor,

I setup my 800# with PatLive and gave them my local number I`m using to forward to it. They also mentioned that you can have numerous numbers forwarded to your PatLive number in order to track advertising by using different numbers. I`ll let you know if it works.

neill

Airdrie, AB
REIN Member
All of these list brokers will def try to state what their advantage is - price, number of RTS letters due to inaccurate info....

Universal Lists is claiming lower return-to-sender rates, higher success, and higher price. We finished today at 13.5 cents per name for 5400.....

We will update how many come back to us via the return address - as soon as we get em in the mail

JimWhitelaw

Registered
QUOTE (TerryKruse @ Oct 22 2009, 08:04 AM) I wonder if a few of us got together and ordered, if could get a REIN price? I know that West List was surprised about their recent popularity.
I pitched this idea to Info-Canada about doing a bulk order to get the cost down below $0.07 which is the lowest I`ve seen so far. Here is the response:

If the records were purchased over a one year period through ONE single source like yourself, your group would need to commit to an annual purchase of 100,000 records. Purchases would have to be made in minimum 10,000 piece orders, Your cost would be $.065/record.
I`d be willing to co-ordinate the purchase for the group if there`s interest (although I have to admit I`m a bit concerned it might turn into an unpaid part-time job...). Maybe REIN admin would take it on?

I made a small purchase of 1000 records from Info-Canada for $235, just to do a test run on the quality of the records. They are selected by postal code and filtered for homeowners only according to census data. I know that the per record cost is high, but the total outlay was a bit easier to swallow for our first test run.

neill

Airdrie, AB
REIN Member
Just signed up with Patlive - they only have local numbers in AB listed for Calgary and Edmonton. We wanted a local Airdrie number, so went with the toll-free number from Patlive and will call fwd to it...

neill

Airdrie, AB
REIN Member
QUOTE (MarkKruse @ Oct 22 2009, 01:41 PM) I did locate the following for creating, addressing, stuffing your letters based on a mail list you provide. It`s $0.99 per letter without stamps.
http://yellowletterscomplete.com/yellow-letters-in-canada/

I`m positive I heard someone at the seminar talking about a yellow-letter type of outfit operating out of Canada that will do all the above as well as adding the Canadian postage and optionally mailing for you from their Canadian office. I`m still searching for that...

Did a similar search on google after reading this post for "Yellow Letter" and found the same www.yellowletterscomplete.com site. Called the number and spoke to Tracy there - she was very helpful! Orders over 3000 letters she will do for 89 cents each, and she offered to put the stamps on for no charge for us if we send them to her..... shipping will be 32.95 priority post for the first 1000 to get them here, then send the rest at a more relaxed pace for cost savings - she stated she does not mark up the shipping

Great service, live response, knowledgeable about the whole process - she is a Ron LeGrand student herself - booked it with her on the phone first call.

Two days after our first message to yellowletter.com, and 2 hours after the second message left they called back, and she asked how she could help and I said "call back sooner next time" and thanked her for her call - and Whacked her!

MKBridge

REIN Member
One thing to request on your mailing lists is first names, not initials. I received my first postal code list from Westlist and about half were intials only. Therefore you cannot insert a first name into your letter. When I realized what had happened, I requested a list from Cornerstone with first names only.
I thought I would try two lists to see if there is any difference (one for each of the two cities I am targeting). Westlists is definately a lot faster service and cheaper. Just remember to make this request.

Cheers, Kathi

Top Bottom