Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Edmonton Property Management. Who Sucks and Who Rocks?

Scott Lyall

Registered
Hello,

I want to give a shout out to Libertas Property Management.

Carolyn, Gary and team have managed a couple of my properties for 3 years. We have had ups and downs, good tenants and bad tenants and through it all they have always been accessible, professional, and excellent at follow up and communication.

As a long distance owner, I am very happy to have Libertas manageing my properties.

Scott Lyall

truongcal

Registered
Thanks everyone for the inputs!

After reading all feedbacks, my property is now managing by Libertas PM. I will let you know how it goes.

Calvin Truong

Sonya898

New Forum Member
Registered
Hello,

I realize that this is a very old thread. However, I am struggling with property management in Edmonton. I am with DMG and it has been a nightmare. I have contacted Davies Management but they are too busy. I have not been able to contact anyone who can confidently recommend any property management company in Edmonton and I have to consider liquidating my Edmonton portfolio unless I can find anyone. Have you located a competent manager in Edmonton by now?

Thanks,

Sonya

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
For condo building management, we have been quite pleased over the past year with Candema. However they don't manage rental properties.

Over a year ago I hired my own part-time property management assistant and trained her to my specifications. So far, so good, but I would not recommend this route for everyone. I have management experience, I am a full-time real estate investor, and I am "type A," so this works well for me.

johninottawa

REIN Member
I have been using LLR (Originally Landlord Rescue) since I started investing. The staff is great, they are on top of everything for me and their model measure being able to keep control of decisions if you want to.

I am replying from my smartphone which makes it hard to do a detailed reply but if you do a search on llr on here you'll probably find other testimonials. or reply back here or to my email below if you want to discuss further.

John Rogers
[email protected]
Proud recipient of REIN Rookie of the Year 2012 (BC)

MarkRivers

Registered
I have recently switched over to LLR and so far I am quite happy with the experience. The staff are friendly and reachable! I can call and usually get through to a live person. I have had a couple of property issues that needed attention and they were on it immediately! Communication has been great. I actually spoke to them about the results of the inspections, something that has never happened in the 5 years previous. Only been with LLR for a couple of months but up until now I must say I am very happy would recommend them.

Mark

Trappist

Registered
I was just informed DMG is shutting down their Edmonton area chapter. (Not sure if they have another or not) May just self manage. Can anyone suggest a good source for a Lease agreement?

Thanks

housingrental

Registered
What software is your PM company using for online account information and how do you like using it?

CalvinTruong

Registered
Hi Jarrett,
Sorry for such a late respond. Libertas PM is good so far. I hope that they will be more proactive during turnover. Especially during this time period, customers want quick responses. Last year, there were new tenants moving in. Libertas sent their contractors to clean the house. This is the first time for me so I am not sure how things cost. Here is a summary:
- $80: 2 hours of cleaning (floor, wall, bathroom, sink, etc). I don't know how they did it but I saw very dirty tile floor, water marks on wall which I saw from previous tenants.
- $183: re-key from Faithfull Services Ltd. It's their procedure whenever there is a turnover.
- $330: carpet cleaning from Titans Carpet and Upholstery Restoration LTD for 4 bedrooms and a living room.

Adam,
Libertas uses Propertyware. I don't find it as a user friendly program. But it does the job I guess.

Happy investing!

Calvin

Calvin

chaq

New Forum Member
Registered
I was involved in firing Larlyn. Non-responsive, disorganized.
Hi,

What was the process to have them fired? They are currently managing a condo building I own a unit in and my tenant is threatening to move out given their poor service and responses. I would like a new company as this one is consistently delayed in their responses and in resolving problems, blames staff no longer working there, and needs to almost be harassed before issues are addressed!

AnnaDanishek

New Forum Member
Registered
Hi everyone,its worthy,fantastic information to take care for our property concerns issues and trust should be there.Its wonderful post to determine the good care of our assets

Top Bottom