Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

80 Lessons Learned ... On the Road from 80 K

TangoWhiskey

Registered
When is this literature being released? The fans are waiting ... seriously, any time line on this?

PS for anyone reading this be sure to get a copy - this book will save all of us a lot of time and money!

MikeMcC874

Registered
Any idea why it is in stock at Amazon.com but ships in 1-3 month on Amazon.ca?

Lol.

I will let you know when it arrives.

housingrental

Registered
If I send you a Tim Hortons gift card will you autograph and write a page long positive saying dedicated to me in my copy

margaretcowan

REIN Member
Congratulations Thomas!!! Bravo!!

Will your book be on sale at ACRE in Vancouver? I'd love to see it!

Cheers,

Margaret

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
on amazon.ca and amazon.com

soon kindle, kobo and iBooks as 3 ebooks per format, i.e. one per chapter (life lessons, business lessons, real estate lessons).

REIN may sell my books like they do of a few other authors. We shall see. Their decision, not mine.

wgraham

REIN Member
Congrats Thomas! I know how much time and effort you put into this book and it will be an amazing recourse for many. Well done!

bizaro86

Registered
Congratulations Thomas. I'll order a copy right away.

Any particular reason you decided to self publish vs going with someone like Wiley. (Who seems to be sort of the default for authors with REIN ties.)

Warmest regards,

Michael

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Wiley was bought by Penguin, and did some internal reshuffling. To my knowledge, their business section editor, Don Loney, now works for REIN to update their curriculum. They also wanted me to pre-buy 3000 books. So I declined this kind offer. Amazon has wide reach worldwide and e-books are far more popular, where the value-add of a publisher is questionable anyway. I do not expect this book to be in bookstores nor do I want to spend any efforts at that right now for $50 in royalties. Maybe book 2 which will focus far more on real estate.

The book right now is more of an oversized business card. In time, this may change.

As I state in one of the book lessons: "ready, fire, aim". I am still aiming having fired the first shot.

bizaro86

Registered
[quote user=ThomasBeyer]Wiley was bought by Penguin, and did some internal reshuffling. To my knowledge, their business section editor, Don Loney, now works for REIN to update their curriculum. They also wanted me to pre-buy 3000 books. So I declined this kind offer. Amazon has wide reach worldwide and e-books are far more popular, where the value-add of a publisher is questionable anyway. I do not expect this book to be in bookstores nor do I want to spend any efforts at that right now for $50 in royalties. Maybe book 2 which will focus far more on real estate.

The book right now is more of an oversized business card. In time, this may change.

As I sate in one of the book lessons: "ready, fire, aim".

That certainly makes sense. Self publishing probably gets you most of the upside with less downside in that scenario, which is opposite to how it usually works.

All the best,

Michael

DonBurton

Registered
What are the top 5 lessons? Also what do you mean by Road from 80k? Like down to 80k and back on the comeback trail using that again? or something completely different?

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
My book, 80 Lesson Learned on the Road from
$80,000 to $80,000,000, is now available not only on Amazon as a real, almost 300 page physical book, but also each section as 3 e-books on
kobo, kindle and ibooks:

Amazon.ca: http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2/186-6888017-3416635?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=beyer+80

Kobo: http://store.kobobooks.com/en-ca/Search?Query=beyer+80

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/thomas-beyer/id532283450?mt=11

Physical book on Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/80-Lessons-Learned-Road-000/dp/0992108306

Feel free to add a review, too !

A heartfelt "Thank You" to two successful businessmen and best selling authors, namely Don R. Campbell for an impactful foreword, and Greg Habstritt for some meaningful afterthoughts !

Dan Golby

REIN Member
Can't wait for Christmas!! It is on my list......and if Santa doesn't bring it I will invite him to a REIN meeting and we will educate him....

:)

TangoWhiskey

Registered
Anyone who is at all serious about real estate investing should buy this book. I have bought basically every Canadian book written on real estate in the last four years, and every US book written in the last 40 about investing in apt buildings. There are very very few books like this one.

One thing we all should do as investors is to maximize our non-recourse leverage. Usually this means being creative in some way. This book, 80 Lessons, (and one by Julie Broad in Nanaimo, also released this year, which is excellent for beginning investors starting with single family, and the two books by Ian Szabo aimed at renovations), is exactly that, maximizing non-recourse leverage. They're easily among the 5 best, most useful books. They leverage the real estate between our ears.

How many times have you read a book by a normal guy who started with limited time and means buying a condo and ending with a portfolio of over 1000 units through raising capital in a variety of ways, all in the space of about 13 years?

There just aren't many books like this, and the people who could write one hardly ever do. I don't even think there are more than a handful of Canadians who could, and certainly nobody else in REIN. Its a manual on how we all could do it.

The release of a real estate specific book would address the only area I would have liked more of, about the journey to decide on an LP model of growth and capital raising, the pluses and minuses of different ownership structures and capital raising approaches etc. Very good to hear these areas will get filled in for the future.

Not buying this book and reading it is just plain inefficient. It's bad investing. The book puts a straightforward path to enormous wealth and freedom in the hands of everyone for 20 bucks and three hours. It really is as simple as that.

Dan Golby

REIN Member
Book came for Christmas, I read it, one word....AWESOME!!

I find myself going back and reading parts of it again. Full of great information.

A must read for all real estate investors!

Thanks Thomas

angelapeng

Registered
A fabulous book by Thomas, I was asking about this to him on this forum many times. Finally, it came before the Christmas. That is the best Christmas gift. It is so inspiring, not only from real estate investing point of view, but more of from life perspective. I was training with a running buddy for our half-marathorn race in June this year, she was in the process of changing career, but stuck in the question what she really wants in life, and risk taking. I introduced this book to her, and she will go order and read it.

I will give an inspirational speech this week at my toastmaster club meeting, Thomas's book and personal experience will be my topic.

Thank you, Thomas, for spending time writing down your experience and sharing with us, it really inspires and motivates us, your positive impace will spread out to many more people in Canada and worldwide. Thank you.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Thank you guys for all those positive comments. I will be speaking about a few of these lessons at the upcoming REIN meetings April 1 in Edmonton, April 2 in Calgary and April 3 in Vancouver.

Top Bottom