Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

80 Lessons Learned ... On the Road from 80 K

durhamhome

Registered
Thomas

You will have to make it out to Ontario to speak one day. We have a great group here too!

Great book. There were tips and strategies for oth the beginner and the veteran alike.

Thx again, Michael

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
[quote user=durhamhome]Thomas

You will have to make it out to Ontario to speak one day. We have a great group here too!

Great book. There were tips and strategies for oth the beginner and the veteran alike.

Thx again, Michael

One day .. when REIN invites me back after this 3 day tour through Edmonton, Calgary & Vancouver.

Enjoy this blog by Don in the mean time: Flat earth thinking can lead to investment disasters

http://www.donrcampbell.com/challenge-absorb-adjust-the-real-secret-to-long-term-success

ChrisLafratta

Registered
Hello Thomas!

I just finished reading your book. My three favourite lessons are:

Lesson 73: Real Estate is not a Get Rich Quick Scheme, It's a Get Rich For Sure Scheme.

Reminded me that it's better to do it slower and properly, than quicker and possibly get ahead of one's self.

Lesson 78: Good Debt vs. Bad Debt

A lesson everyone should learn, the younger the better. Robert Kiyosaki was one of the first success authors that I read. I will always remember this lesson. I generally avoid consumer debt like the plague.

Lesson 79: Income Thinking vs. Net Worth Thinking

It is much better to have your assets grow and realize them later in capital gains, than to earn the same money through earned income, as it is taxed at double the rate.

Chris Lafratta

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Thanks Chris.

Several folks at the multi-family events in BC and just now in Toronto told me they liked this quote: "Real Estate is not a Get Rich Quick Scheme, It's a Get Rich For Sure Scheme."

and this re ACTION TAKING: "Boast are safe in harbour, but that is not what they are built for"

Top Bottom