Renting during Covid19

KellyO

Registered
Nov 19, 2013
I have a unit that needs to be rented for May 1st. Is anyone else in this situation. I don’t want to show it. I also don’t want to lose rent.

Sent from my iPhone using myREINspace

Martin1968

Frequent Forum Member
Registered
Jan 22, 2017
Not sure this helps.......

You don’t want to show it......You loose rent.
You don’t want to loose rent.......You want to show it.

Bex_H

New Forum Member
REIN Member
Oct 2, 2019
We don’t have any vacancies at the moment but this is what we would consider. It doesn’t hurt to advertise to see if there is interest, and build a list of interested people worse case. Ideally the property has been cleaned and empty for at least 2 weeks so you could include that in your listing to reassure people. You could offer video viewings, we actually did this with 2 properties last year for people moving from Ontario and they have been great tenants, same questions, same application form and ref checks. You could also talk to a local property management company to ask what they are doing. I spoke to one and they said, still doing showings but they wait until the property is empty.

Of course if there is a full mandated lockdown by the government that’s a different matter and landlords will have to manage to carry empty properties the best we can with whatever help is available.