Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Your Guide to Ontario Rental Websites

ChrisDavies

Registered
Hi Folks,
Those of you at the aLIFE weekend in Ontario got a copy of a report I wrote that ranks the different rental websites according to how well they show up in Google. I did a custom report detailing the rankings for each of the Top Ontario Investment Towns.

Now that the REIN members have had a chance to use it, I`ve released it to the world at large.

Several smart people have suggested a price tag of around $40 for this report. I`m giving it away for free
There`s a donation button on this post. You can donate nothing, or $40. I`m recommending $20, but it`s up to you.

You might also find the earlier report from June 2009 useful, and the same rules apply. Donate if you can, enjoy the knowledge either way. Any problems, shoot me a PM or email me: chris at chrisdavies dot ca.

Cheers,

Chris

CarlaJohnson

Registered
Hi Chris,

Thank you so much for putting that report together for ALIFE & sharing it here. It is BRILLIANT! It is now one of my most frequently used documents.

Cheers to you!

princecharles

Registered
QUOTE (ChrisDavies @ Oct 30 2009, 07:30 AM) Hi Folks,
Those of you at the aLIFE weekend in Ontario got a copy of a report I wrote that ranks the different rental websites according to how well they show up in Google. I did a custom report detailing the rankings for each of the Top Ontario Investment Towns.

Now that the REIN members have had a chance to use it, I`ve released it to the world at large.

Several smart people have suggested a price tag of around $40 for this report. I`m giving it away for free
There`s a donation button on this post. You can donate nothing, or $40. I`m recommending $20, but it`s up to you.

You might also find the earlier report from June 2009 useful, and the same rules apply. Donate if you can, enjoy the knowledge either way. Any problems, shoot me a PM or email me: chris at chrisdavies dot ca.

Cheers,

Chris

Hey wow great idea! Are we able to read the report first and then donate accordingly after?

I took a look at your June post, no mention of craigslist eh? But craigslist doesn`t seem very google friendly. I suppose the underlying assumption you are using is that renters use google search to find rooms as opposed to typing in the url of their fav listing sites or using their bookmarks.

Do you have any info on the % of renters that use google search? Don`t know how you would get that other than a survey though...

cool stuff though

ChrisDavies

Registered
QUOTE (princecharles @ Oct 31 2009, 09:22 AM) Hey wow great idea! Are we able to read the report first and then donate accordingly after?

I took a look at your June post, no mention of craigslist eh? But craigslist doesn`t seem very google friendly. I suppose the underlying assumption you are using is that renters use google search to find rooms as opposed to typing in the url of their fav listing sites or using their bookmarks.

Do you have any info on the % of renters that use google search? Don`t know how you would get that other than a survey though...

cool stuff though

I`m pretty sure you can donate nothing, but I`ll send you a copy if you drop me an email. chris at chrisdavies dot ca.

Craigslist changed from .org to .ca which is a pretty big deal in the short term, and would have an impact on their rankings. One of the things I mention in the papers is how many people google terms like `edmonton apartment for rent`, which is a pretty strong indicator for how often people use Google first, but there`s also a lot of searches for the website addresses themselves.

Top Bottom