Working towards my first rental

Anonymous

Registered
Dec 16, 2008
Hello,

I am anticipating that I will be renting out my house in the next month or two. Sadly, I have heard many horror stories about rentals in the Evansburg/Entwistle area and want to locate responsible renters for my house. I guess my first question is is there such a thing as a responsible renter? What do I need to do short of a criminal records check to assure that the people I will be renting to will not detonate my house and leave me with the crater? I will be sifting through the REIN information I have here to get an idea of the rental rate in the area and how to best word the ad. But I would really appreciate input from others who have rentals in smaller communities and what they have experienced in general within the Alberta Marketplace. Also, any help on clauses to include in the tenancy agreement would be certainly helpful.

Also, are there any pointers on where I go to locate solid, responsible, mature renters? What and where would I locate a management person or company to manage my property?

Thank you,

Cam