Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Why are we investing in Orillia?

JasonEtheridge

Registered
Orillia`s population in 2011 was 30,586, while in 2006, it was 30,259.

Stats Can, along with reading Thomas' posts on Ontario have depressed me.

Why have I been buying in Ontario....

Time to start looking west!

What do other Ontario investors think?

housingrental

Registered
There are other area's that have grown in Ontario

Ontario investing is not limited to Orillia :)

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
[quote user=housingrental]There are other area's that have grown in Ontario

.. or will grow ? Which ones, for example .. with rising wages .. and lower unemployment .. not just unskilled immigrants sucking up the free healthcare and education $s ?

housingrental

Registered
Waterloo, RIM not falling apart willing

Not that I'm recommending buying most places

If pricing falls, long therm there should be $ to be made

[quote user=ThomasBeyer][quote user=housingrental]There are other area's that have grown in Ontario

.. or will grow ? Which ones, for example .. with rising wages .. and lower unemployment .. not just unskilled immigrants sucking up the free healthcare and education $s ?

CarrieKoch

Registered
I love Orillia but probably because I'm purely focused on the population that is growing ...STUDENTS !

I have several success stories about our student rentals and we just purchased another 2 houses.

I think Orillia still has a ways to go for employment and long-term decent paying jobs.

Nir

REIN Member
Hi Jason, MACRO analysis like top towns list, population, employment is fine but the reason you can make money ANYWHERE is 'MICRO'. By micro I mean the story behind the property, the personal reason the owner wanted to just get rid of the property or sell it to the 1st buyer (example). Its also your ability to estimate the value of the property and evaluate its potential. You are not an average buyer buying an average property. Therefore, I try not to let statistics (averages, entire population analysis) affect my mood. You make money when you buy for the right price. value appreciation is just a nice bonus while monthly principle reduction is a given. Cheers

yys2000

Registered
I am in Newmarket. I also looked Orilla student rental before.But my concern is student is cheap and they don''t take care of your house. Maybe I am wrong. Can you share your successful stories to me?

housingrental

Registered
I've done well with student rentals in Waterloo

If investing in Orillia anyways, with good management and property selection, these would be my focus

CarrieKoch

Registered
Students are good but you have to do it right. Cosigners, look and feel of the tenants, post-dated cheques, regular inspections etc. It is a quite systemized process that works well.

Top Bottom