Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What`s Wrong with London Ontario?

dwb

Registered
Anyone interested in investing in London Ontario?

We always seem to miss out on the REIN top 10 Ontario Towns to Invest in.
London is consistently honorably mentioned farm-team worthy but never top 10 material.

However, I`ve compiled extensive data and have chosen it as my target investment town & according to my due diligence London cashflows extremely well and boasts excellent & continuously improving fundamentals. Population growth is increasing, the local economy is extremely diverse, and many business are locating to London which should bolster the economy & subsequently property prices in the years to come.

Im interested in other REIN members thoughts on London... specifically, what you would like to see from London to crack the top ten or if there is something seriously concerning that I`ve missed about it Thanks in advance, and if anyone`s interested I`ve compiled my information & data from various sources and documented them so other investors can make use of it:

http://www.londonontariorealestatediagnosis.blogspot.com/

Thanks again!

BMironov

Registered
QUOTE (dwb @ Nov 14 2007, 03:13 PM) Anyone interested in investing in London Ontario?

We always seem to miss out on the REIN top 10 Ontario Towns to Invest in.
London is consistently honorably mentioned farm-team worthy but never top 10 material.

However, I`ve compiled extensive data and have chosen it as my target investment town & according to my due diligence London cashflows extremely well and boasts excellent & continuously improving fundamentals. Population growth is increasing, the local economy is extremely diverse, and many business are locating to London which should bolster the economy & subsequently property prices in the years to come.

Im interested in other REIN members thoughts on London... specifically, what you would like to see from London to crack the top ten or if there is something seriously concerning that I`ve missed about it Thanks in advance, and if anyone`s interested I`ve compiled my information & data from various sources and documented them so other investors can make use of it:

http://www.londonontariorealestatediagnosis.blogspot.com/

Thanks again!

Hello dwb,

It is a great source of information! Thank you for doing this. I would suggest that you could start new thread "London, ON" under "Fundamentals research". It would be very interesting to see what is happening in this community. Many people confuse "Top 10 towns" with "The only places to invest". Well, it is not. By supporting such topic you can spread the good word about London.

Thanks for great work,
Boris

MiguelMartinez

Registered
Hi DWB, I`ve been following your blog for quite a while and I it ahs been very helpful.

I tend to agree that London has great potential. There have been recent announcements of large amounts of money being nevsted in both residential and commercial buildings. Here is a quote from a recent article "Mike Carson LSTAR president noted a recent forecast from the Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation which predicted the increase in real-estate prices in London next year would rank in the top three centres in Ontario. Carson said the London housing market should also get a boost from $80 million in speculative industrial development that has been announced in recent months."

I did speak to Don and asked him the same question during our recent trip to the Durham region, he also touched on certain aspects two months ago at our REIN meeting during what`s behind the curtain.

My take on London is that even if it`s number 11 on the list, it`s still good enough for me, specially when you consider the values of properties and how the properties cashflow in that area.

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
London has done very well for a number of investors (as have many other towns and cities across the country not on the REIN Top 10 Towns to Invest in List).

The Property Goldmine ScoreCard is your key to the vault, and as you can see by the other post, London can do very well for you as long as you do your due diligence.

Congrats on digging deep before taking action.

P.S. Please only post your question once in one area as it breaks up the thread and makes it more difficult for others to give their insights and to follow the conversation.

dwb

Registered
QUOTE (DonCampbell @ Nov 15 2007, 07:16 PM) London has done very well for a number of investors (as have many other towns and cities across the country not on the REIN Top 10 Towns to Invest in List).

The Property Goldmine ScoreCard is your key to the vault, and as you can see by the other post, London can do very well for you as long as you do your due diligence.

Congrats on digging deep before taking action.

P.S. Please only post your question once in one area as it breaks up the thread and makes it more difficult for others to give their insights and to follow the conversation.

Thanks for the reply Don!

I appreciate that you took the time to respond. I was concerned that maybe there was something negative/disturbing "behind the curtain" I didn`t know about London like major employers planning to exit the city or something like that which I may have missed. Was concerned perhaps sophisticated REIN researchers & members may have stumbled across something negative about the city I had yet to discover which was the reason for it being held back from top 10. But I see that`s not the case, so its business as usual for me & back to taking action, more due diligence, and writing up more offers in my chosen city (London) to concentrate in!

For what its worth, I`ve used the REIN top ten list to invest in a few of those top 10 towns as well and its working out great in those areas. But yes, there was bad deals & good deals in all the towns I`ve been involved in - top ten towns or not - & I`ve found that the Property Goldmine Scorecard quickly weeds those bad ones out...

Thanks again & I apologize for the double post in the two threads. Won`t happen again as I think I`ve now got the hang of this MYREINSPACE board.

Top Bottom