Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

What 400K Will Buy You In The U.S.

lilbuffet

Registered
So I found this interesting article on Yahoo finance about what 400K can buy you in various States.Check it out:Here`s a look at what $400,000 will buy in various markets, from big cities to small towns, metro areas and suburbs, all across the countryTop 5 Properties1) What will $400k buy: Aberdeen, MD
79.gif
Price: $396,000
Overview:
This contemporary two-story was built in 1993 and sits on a 1.3 acre lot. Sunken great room overlooks dining room and kitchen with breakfast bar, oak cabinets, recessed lighting, built-in desk, microwave and eat-in area that features a view of yard with mature trees. Large study could be fourth bedroom. Master suite has double doors, walk-in closet and bathroom with shower. Finished basement features built-in oak bookshelves, full-wall entertainment center, corner fireplace, sleeping area and scrapbooking area.

Amenities

• 4 bedroom/3 bath
  • 3,372 square feet
  • 1.3 acre lotFeatures:
  • Main floor laundry room, dining area with ceiling fan, mature landscaping, workshop, and three-car garage.

Listed by:
  • Century 21 Investment Realtors

2. What will $400k buy: Atlanta
  • 81.jpg

Price
  • : $400,000

Overview:
  • This 5,200-square-foot, chalet-style home on 13 acres was custom-built in 2001. The two-and-a-half story main level features an open great room with two-story windows, cathedral ceiling, exposed Douglas fir beams, pine walls and floor, stone hearth and forest views. The main living area opens to a dining area and kitchen with stainless steel appliances, stone countertops, recessed lighting, breakfast bar and stone backsplash. The master bedroom features pine paneling, multiple windows, sitting area, surround sound and lighted wall sconces. The master bath has a jetted tub set into stacked stone, an oversized double-head shower with stone walls and floors, double vanity and stone tile floor. This home also has a game room/den with stone hearth, recessed lighting, bathroom and wall mount for a flat-screen TV.

Amenities

• 4 bedroom/3 ½ baths
    • 5,200 square feet13-acre lot
    Features:
  • Gas starters for the fireplaces, hot tub on the deck, three-car garage

. What will $400k buy: Bangor, Maine

• 83.jpg

Price
  • : $396,250

Overview:
  • This 12-room colonial two-story was built in 2005. The formal entry has cathedral ceilings and a view of the second story balcony. The family room with hardwood floors opens to the kitchen, living room, and "a very large deck," says James "Jim" Stoneton, president of Coldwell Banker American Heritage Real Estate. A first-floor library could serve as a sixth bedroom. The kitchen, which opens to the deck, sports granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, an island, custom cherry cabinets and opens to the deck. The master suite bath includes granite countertops, a jetted tub, separate shower and a water closet.

Amenities

• 5 bedroom/3 bath4,600 square feet (approximately)2 acres
Features:
Fully finished basement with two bonus rooms, electric and oil heat, above-ground pool, tree-studded lot, attached two-car garage and detached two-car garage with unfinished bonus space.

Get the whole article here:

http://finance.yahoo.com/real-estate/artic...0,000-Buy-Today

pjrein

Registered
Craziness, another reason I`m striving to have passive income so that I can live wherever!!

nubiwan

Registered
Shows you just how inflated prices are were I live. You can't buy a 1500 sq ft home here for under $300K. Something like we are seeing here would be over a million.

wgraham

REIN Member
This is what you get in my home town for $400K ...yup its a trailer...but its got great views :)

309398_101.jpg

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
[quote user=wgraham]This is what you get in my home town for $400K ...yup its a trailer...but its got great views :)

. and highway noise .. as Hwy 1 runs right beside it !!

But then, Canmore is both a resort town and a Calgary suburb .. and you can't buy properties for 2 more hours going west until you are in Invermere or Golden !!

or you could buy a 1BR with no view in the (formerly) Olympic Village in Vancouver .. 500-600 sq ft !

Top Bottom