Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

VisitAble Housing

Scott99

New Forum Member
Registered
Hi gang,

new member here. I'd like to inquire if any investors have purchased properties built to the VisitAble Housing standards? You can Google "visitable houses, Winnipeg" to see some photos of the homes in Bridgewater estates.

With the coming demographic of aging baby boomers it strikes me that wheelchair accessible homes and accessible homes in general will be a growing niche market.

The only issue I am seeing with these properties is that they tend to be on the higher end of the cost scale (for me anyways) in the realm of $300,000 plus. I think they could rent for $3,000 a month (this is 1% of $300,000 per month) if you have the right tenant(s).

“VisitAble Housing” or “VisitAbility” is the concept of designing and building homes with basic accessibility. VisitAble homes provide easy access on the main level for everyone. VisitAble housing offers a convenient home for residents and a welcoming environment for visitors in all ages and mobility.

VisitAble homes have three basic accessibility features:

Feature 1
No-step entrance (at the front, back or side of the house ).
Feature 2
Wider doorways and clear passage on the main floor.
Feature 3
A main floor bathroom (or powder room) that can be accessed by visitors who use mobility devices.

I would love to hear what the experience of investors has been, what problems have been observed/experienced. My gut feeling is that the rental price might be too high.

Thanks!
Scott

p.s. apologies, but I am unable to create tags for this post. If interested, the possible tags are:
accessible, rental, visitable, seniors, disabled, disability

Last edited:
Top Bottom