Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Very interested in learning quick turns in the KWC!

MatPiche

Registered
Hi guys, I am a fairly new REIN member with one rental. I am becoming very interested in quick turns and are currently reading Ron Legrands book.

I was wondering if there is anyone who took Ron's course could give me feedback. Is it working for you? Was it worth the money? etc. Also if anyone has purchased his home study course I would really like to know how that has been treating you. Thanks a lot guys hope to hear some good feedback.

L

lanedry77

Hi Mat,

I'm based in Alberta, but I can vouch that it not only works here, but also works in Ontario (as I have some mentor students out there that are doing deals).

It requires a large commitment of time and effort, but if you stick with it, it definately does work.

Best of luck!

Thanks,

David.

Aaron Moore

REIN Member
I focus on Toronto, Scarborough & Durham. I took Ron's Quick Start course and I'm currently taking the coaching he offers. Quick turn is working for me because I work it. I have the books and CDs that came with Ron's Quick Start (I guess that's the home study course); the books are educational and they're good reference material. But I learn and do best when I have coaching to guide me.

Quick turn requires lots of work. Lots of marketing & "sales". You'll spend lots of time talking with buyers & sellers on the phone. Be prepared to work long hours until you systematize your business.

And yes there are house sellers in Ontario that NEED and WANT the solutions that quick turn provides.

There are lots of people with UGLY houses who would be emotionally crushed if they sold their houses publicly and had dozens of people coming through their house commenting on how ugly the house is and how much it stinks. How would you feel if you lived in an ugly & stinky house and had 20-50 people coming to browse your house over the next couple weeks? These are the sellers who often end up in Power Of Sale or they choose to call us.

There are also people who have been trying to sell their houses for months at a price that won't cover their mortgage balance, the pre-payment penalty, and realtor fees. They can't find a buyer to pay a price where they can break-even on the sale. If the PITI can be covered by a tenant or Rent to Own tenant, then these are candidates for taking over the mortgage (Agreement for Sale). I currently have two of this type of deal under contract and I take possession of the first one in early May... so no, I'm not an Agreement For Sale expert yet.

In summary, expect to work hard... and YES, motivated sellers do exist in Ontario!

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
[quote user=aaronmoore] .... Quick turn requires lots of work.
Lots of marketing & "sales". You'll spend lots of time talking with
buyers & sellers on the phone. Be prepared to work long hours
until you systematize your business. ... YES, motivated sellers do exist in Ontario

This is an excellent summary !

The system works for the right property with the right seller .. and the right tenant-buyer .. with the right legal paper work .. so you have to become an expert in all of these FOUR areas:

a) property analysis including financial analysis

b) seller motivation / psychology

c) finding, then screening tenant-buyers

d) legal paperwork

This takes a lot of work, and a combination of people smarts, salesmenship, $s, skills, hard work/long hours and attitude .. and this combination is rare, but not impossible .. hence some folks do very well at it .. and many fail !

Quick turn is a goal worth aspiring towards .. but not for a novice in for a quick easy buck ! It is a senior, not a rookie strategy !

MatPiche

Registered
Thank you for all the feedback guys! Very much appreciated. I will keep learning/studying for a while before I take the first leap. Hope to hear more success stories and advice! Thanks.

Top Bottom