Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Value of the Multi Residential RE, How has it changed over time?

augustynr1

Registered
Hi,

I am looking for a chart or the raw data on how multi residentials RE prices have changed over time.

It would be nice to have it for different regions in Canada.

I am actually looking for south western Ontario in particular.

Any idea where I can find it?

Thank you.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Feel free to email me for charts of Vancouver and area, and Edmonton from late 90's to today.

Burnaby prices, on average, for example went from 80's a door in the late 90's to low 200's today or up 150% in 15 years; Edmonton went from 30's a door to 120's/door in a similar timeframe, up 250+%. Not knowing Ontario all that well, I would surmise it to be similar to Burnaby, say 10%/year on average.

To get charts from a city most commercial realtors in that city would have such a chart.

Keep in mind though that with rent increase limited in Ontario to 0.9% this year apartment buildings, on average, will be flatish, especially given CMHC's hawkishness on CAP rates to the point where CMHC insured mortgages make almost no sense anymore unless you seek low 60% LTV (or less) mortgages.

Cory Sperle

REIN Member
[quote user=ThomasBeyer]CMHC's hawkishness on CAP rates to the point where CMHC insured mortgages make almost no sense anymore unless you seek low 60% LTV (or less) mortgages.

Hey Thomas, does this apply to refinances on existing projects as well?

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
[quote user=CorySperle]

[quote user=ThomasBeyer]CMHC's hawkishness on CAP rates to the point where CMHC insured mortgages make almost no sense anymore unless you seek low 60% LTV (or less) mortgages.

Hey Thomas, does this apply to refinances on existing projects as well?

Yes, when you wish to increase existing CMHC loan.

No, if you just want to renew existing mortgage, as the CMHC ticket is good for the length of the amortization period (25 years usually, or 30 for an extra fee)

Top Bottom