Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

vacancy rates

mzaurrini

Registered
anyone know where you can find out the vacancy rates and propertie crime rates for cities?

Dan_Eisenhauer

Registered
CMHC does an annual real estate survey, which should be out about now, for all major cities across Canada. It includes vacancy rates for apartment buildings, but not SFH`s, and market rents, often by sections of town.

You can find them on CMHC`s website. It is called the Rental Market Report. Some of them can be found here. They have been free in the past, but don`t be surprised to see that freebie disappear soon.

mikecunning

REIN Member
QUOTE (Dan_Eisenhauer @ Dec 4 2007, 04:54 PM) CMHC does an annual real estate survey, which should be out about now, for all major cities across Canada. It includes vacancy rates for apartment buildings, but not SFH`s, and market rents, often by sections of town.

You can find them on CMHC`s website. It is called the Rental Market Report. Some of them can be found here. They have been free in the past, but don`t be surprised to see that freebie disappear soon.

I`ve heard that Dec 13th is the release date.

donksky

Registered
when we bought our first residence in Toronto, our local police dep`t gave us stats in the area we were moving into when we phoned them although you have to be able to interpret properly or ask the right questions - I think we just got confused `coz they said we had the lowest crime rate in a relatively high crime rate area or something crazy like that - don`t remember the details from 7 years ago....

I think if you Internet-search the city and "Economic development (office?)" you may get pretty good links depending on how organized the city/office is - for Winnipeg, for instance, I was able to get a pop-up of types of crime & their crime stats per neighborhood although it was hard for me to interpret as it didn`t compare it to national or even provincial stats. It was absolute numbers & change over the last year & it allowed me to compare all the neighborhoos in Winnipeg but not compare Winnipeg to anything else.

Top Bottom