Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TSX NYSE to Tank Today

Jack

Registered
Enjoy the ride!

ZanderRobertson

Registered
this is not too brave of a prediction, it`s been tanking every second day for about 3 months. what particular event will make it tank more than usual today? I`m sure you must know something I don`t on this. the horrible job numbers have already landed, the fear over a lack of auto bailout was yesterday. what`s today? and what makes it worse than the others?

QUOTE (Jack @ Dec 12 2008, 07:09 AM) Enjoy the ride!

vandriani

REIN Member
Real Estate is no good..Stock market is no good...I guess I`ll have to resort stuffing the matteress

wgraham

REIN Member
QUOTE (Jack @ Dec 12 2008, 07:09 AM) Enjoy the ride!

Up 123......not bad for a day, that by the news reports, should have been tragic
Tomorrow is another day.

Jack

Registered
QUOTE Why was it to tank?

Congress` decision to not give the Big 3 a bailout package; GM signalling that they`ll be filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, etc. I thought that decision was reached yesterday after the markets had already closed, though I guess (as Zander pointed out) that investors` fear has already been built into the price. WOW
- market efficiency! What a concept!

tbarcier

Registered
QUOTE (Jack @ Dec 12 2008, 05:46 PM) Congress` decision to not give the Big 3 a bailout package; GM signalling that they`ll be filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, etc. I thought that decision was reached yesterday after the markets had already closed, though I guess (as Zander pointed out) that investors` fear has already been built into the price. WOW - market efficiency! What a concept!

Ah, gotcha.

GarthChapman

Registered
Let`s not worry too much about the individual days, or weeks. Take a longer term view.

By the way - the best thing for Chrysler and GM is Chapter 11. It offers a elegantly excellent process to re-work a business. It worked for the airlines and will work for the auto makers too, but if only they are forced to go there. The job losses will happen no matter whether the US Gov`t assists or not - so why spend taxpayers` money when it is really not required. Maybe better to focus on helping all the suppliers to the auto makers instead.

codyellis

Registered
Garth I think you are exactly right. No matter what they do they`re just prolonging the inevitable and making the US debt situation worse.

mcgregok

Registered
Use your 5 and 10 year (tsx & dow) chart. canadlesticks still in a down trend. Market only good for short term traders that respond to daily news. If your an investor both real estate and stocks don`t worry about short term news. Take a holiday for a few months. Some WOW deals comming up. Even now you can get 10-15% in canadian stocks.

Top Bottom