Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Treehouse liability in rental property?

mandmholdings

Registered
I am looking at a rental property to buy shortly. It is definitley a good buy but I just have one question that I am looking for advice on. The backyard has a treehouse in it. It is approximatley 10-12 feet in the air. It is very solid and well constructed but I am just concerned about liability issues. Is it okay to leave the treehouse there? Do we need to tear it out? If we do leave it there is there additional paperwork we should have the tenants sign? Any advice on the matter would be appreciated. Thanks
Travis

mandmholdings

Registered
[quote name=`GarthChapman` date=`Sep 10 2008, 09:36 AM` post=`34845`]
What does your Insurance Agent say about it?
[/quote

Good question. I am going to find out right away. Do I just follow the advice of the insurance agent or are there other factors to consider? Thanks for the quick reply Garth
Travis

GarthChapman

Registered
INterview your potential Tenants with this issue in mind and use your gut instinct. Some sort of waiver of liability document signed by you and your Tenant would probably be a good idea (your insurer might have one). At least it would ensure your Tenants know you take the issue seriously.

mandmholdings

Registered
QUOTE (GarthChapman @ Sep 10 2008, 12:57 PM) INterview your potential Tenants with this issue in mind and use your gut instinct. Some sort of waiver of liability document signed by you and your Tenant would probably be a good idea (your insurer might have one). At least it would ensure your Tenants know you take the issue seriously.

Thanks again

Top Bottom