Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

To sell, or not to sell?

tracy

Registered
Hi Everyone,

Just contemplating whether now would be a good time to sell a condo I purchased a few years back in Lower Lonsdale, North Vancouver or if I should hold until closer to the Games. The rent on the unit covers all expenses (plus about $100.00) and the value has doubled since purchased (although price appreciation has slowed due to more inventory being built in the area). I would likely use the equity for other investments in AB. Having a hard time with this decision and would appreciate some imput.

Thanks in advance!
Tracy
style_emoticons

mikecunning

REIN Member
QUOTE (tracy @ Nov 27 2007, 04:15 PM) Hi Everyone,

Just contemplating whether now would be a good time to sell a condo I purchased a few years back in Lower Lonsdale, North Vancouver or if I should hold until closer to the Games. The rent on the unit covers all expenses (plus about $100.00) and the value has doubled since purchased (although price appreciation has slowed due to more inventory being built in the area). I would likely use the equity for other investments in AB. Having a hard time with this decision and would appreciate some imput.

Thanks in advance!
Tracy
style_emoticons

Hi Tracy:

Have you done a gold mine score card for the area? What would you do with the money? If will be going to a higher growth top 10 area it may be worthwhile especially if North Van has topped out.

Good luck

Mike

navaz

Registered
Hello Tracy

That has been an interesting subject. Mike`s idea of a gold mine card is a good one. I find the fundamentals as they come out in lower mainland not very strong -but -prices have been steady, vacancy rates are low adn we have the retirement crown or secondary home markets coming here- so it is never an easy decision

The way I make these decisions is to ask myself

1. Would I buy this property -net of taxes and selling costs at that price today?
2. Could I do better in a different market with that capital?

Then starts the thinkng process and a decision has to be made!

Top Bottom