The value of REIN

GlennLasiuta

Registered
I would like to extend a sincere THANK YOU to Don R. Campbell and the entire REIN team for providing us all with an incredible network of like-minded individuals and unbiased research plus much much more!

Last night I attended a Rich Dad Education seminar in Calgary focusing on real estate investment, and I must say that it has really solidified my opinion that REIN is where I NEED to be to propel me to success in this business. While I picked up a couple of ideas worth investigating at the seminar, there was really no comparison to the quality of information that REIN provides.

Not only were people encouraged to run over each other in order to purchase additional materials before they were all gone, but the teachers over-simplified the business, ignored the economic fundamentals which drive real estate values and, I feel, misled people to believe that flipping houses is a simple strategy without taking into consideration that you still have to market and sell the property.

They even said that buying for cash flow in Calgary doesn`t make sense, and that because Saskatchewan real estate values have gone up significantly last year, that we should be buying there.

So, while I found value in a few general ideas they presented, I left the seminar feeling more than ever that my REIN membership is well worth the price of admission and much much more.

Thank you all once again, and to all the REIN members who truly are achieving their personal `Belizes` and sincerely helping others achieve theirs!

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
perhaps the term "Rich Dad" should be changed to "Want-to-be-rich-dad-with-ease-and-no-sweat-and-no-brains-and-no-money-hurry-hurry-hurry" ??

yes, if you wish to LEARN the business and make serious money REIN is the place to be .. if all you want is "entertainment" many quick-rich-schemes / seminars are OK too !

joeiannuzzi

Registered
Hi Glenn. The Rich Dad concepts are presented at a grade 5 level of sophistication whereas REIN is more of a university calibre presentation. The fact that every REIN meeting is different reflects how cutting edge the group is. If you went to another Rich Dad presentation, you would most likely encounter the exact same material in the same order. At least, that has been my experience.

Besides, the top performers at any Rich Dad meeting are almost always REIN members.

GlennLasiuta

Registered
QUOTE (joeiannuzzi @ May 24 2008, 03:56 PM) Hi Glenn. The Rich Dad concepts are presented at a grade 5 level of sophistication whereas REIN is more of a university calibre presentation. The fact that every REIN meeting is different reflects how cutting edge the group is. If you went to another Rich Dad presentation, you would most likely encounter the exact same material in the same order. At least, that has been my experience.

Besides, the top perfomrers at any Rich Dad meeting are almost always REIN members.

Hi Joe and Thomas. I absolutely agree with both of you on the Rich Dad `hurry, get rich quick` philosophy and low-level sophistication.

I have yet (keyword YET) to create success similar to yours, but even at my level of real estate experience, plus previous stock market experience, REIN gives anyone all they need o succeed, minus the follow-through of course!

Have great weekend!!!

PhilipMcKernan

Registered
There are a number of REIN members who signed up for the Rich Dad coaching and are very unhappy with it. This is not to say there are not others who love it.

I went to see a guy speak in Edmonton a few months back who was offering a `FREE` seminar who proceeded to kick the crap out of the people in the room with comments like "I know why you are all here and thats because you want to be like me" and "I know how must money you all make" etc.

I was telling Don after the event that I had not been that angry for years. I went just for the fun of it but I had to get out after a half hour or I would have said something.

GlennLasiuta

Registered
Hi Philip. Thanks for elaborating on that point, it was both amusing and true. The instructors beat down the audience, playing on their guilt in order to make a sale of, like you say, "a one size fits all process for a different marke" product.

By the way, I really enjoy your presentations. I`ve had the pleasure of that experience twice, and it has really inspired me. You make an excellent addition to the powerhouse that is REIN. Please stop in again !?!

Have a good weekend.

Glenn
QUOTE (PhilipMcKernan @ May 29 2008, 11:29 AM) I know of a number of REIN members who signed up for the Rich Dad coaching and are very unhappy with it. Its a one size fits all process for a different market and the sleeping pill market south of us must be booming as there are a lot of people who must need help getting to slepp at night based on their emoral activities during the day.

Sorry, but this gets me going!

Actually, I`m not finished. I went to see a complete MUPPET a few months back who was offering a `FREE` seminar who proceeded to kick the crap out of the people in the room with comments like "I know why you are all here and thats because you want to be like me" and "I know how must money you all make" etc.

I was telling Don after the event that I had not been that angry for years. I went just for the fun of it but I had to get out after a half hour or I would have said something.

Now I feel better!!!!

cldemott

Registered
Yup I met the Rich Dad moderator at the airport. Says he`s away from home 211 days per year doing these shows across Canada and the US. How Rich do you think his life is?

Linda

QUOTE (GlennLasiuta @ May 29 2008, 06:25 PM) Hi Philip. Thanks for elaborating on that point, it was both amusing and true. The instructors beat down the audience, playing on their guilt in order to make a sale of, like you say, "a one size fits all process for a different marke" product.

By the way, I really enjoy your presentations. I`ve had the pleasure of that experience twice, and it has really inspired me. You make an excellent addition to the powerhouse that is REIN. Please stop in again !?!

Have a good weekend.

Glenn

SandraRodrigues

Registered
I agree that Rein is awesome. No gimmicks; just sound and practical advice and strategies backed by years of experience and knowledge. In my opinion, the one thing that makes Rein stand out for me is the intergrity behind its leadership and the fact that it`s a great place to go to get educated and unbiased information.

UTCVenturesLtd

Registered
Are the REIN membership fees tax deductable? I already have the Quickstart Home Study Program and just bought a small duplex in Stavely, AB that will cash flow big time! Maybe will take some of the profits and get on board here before too long. Only $80K. I have existing renters in the front suite and will have the back suite filled after doing some upgrades. They use to have terrible water and added a treatment plant. My realtor said that a building lot was $70K there so for $10K more i get the building. I don`t expect a lot in the way of appreciation, but cash flow,,, yes!

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
QUOTE (UTCVenturesLtd @ May 30 2008, 11:21 PM) Are the REIN membership fees tax deductable? ..
yes .. it is an education / business expense !

realfortin

Registered
I`m a "new guy" after being teased by the idea with Rich Dad Poor Dad and then educated by Don`s book. I`ve been serving in the military 17 years and want to diversify my life a little. After years of making financial advisors rich and watching my money stagnate I have decided to take the step and properly take charge of my life. I`ve ordered the quickstart plan to get myself started and hope that it will be a good 600$ investment. It all seems like a lot of money, but then again so does a property inspection, lawyers
style_emoticons
etc but we wouldn`t skip out on that would we?

Now for the REIN membership; wow, 200$ a month with a commitment of 17 months. Seems like a lot of money for a little guy starting out. What is the general feeling of all you REIN members? Is it worth it for an investor who plans on getting one, maybe two properties soon? Should I wait until I have a few more? Did you join REIN later and wish you joined from day 1? I wouldn`t really benefit from the meetings as I am not in one of the major centers that they are given in.

Thanks everyone. It`s great to have access to a bunch of successful people.

I can`t wait until I can help out the" little guy"

RF

EdRenkema

Registered
I consider REIN a lot like bike racing, if you understand road racing you know its a team sport and strategy is paramount, so when I started training and racing I joined a racing club, not a touring club. Our club is arguably one of the most hardcore in the province. So to invest in RE you join an investment network. The analogy is that to become better at something you have a passion for, network with others who are doing it, have done it more than you and better than you, its the law of attraction at work.
The $200 a month is the least costly education you will ever get.

Ed R

L

lanedry77

QUOTE (EdRenkema @ Jun 1 2008, 04:26 PM) The $200 a month is the least costly education you will ever get.
Amen to that. Find any university degree program that costs $2400 per year where you can start seeing tangible benefits in well under a year.

I too was hesitant to spend the money to join, but it`s already proved to be one of the best decisions I`ve ever made.

David.