Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tenant Trouble: Utility Bills

troymichael

New Forum Member
Registered
Hello All,

I have a tenant right now that is leaving as of May 1st. In the lease it says that the tenant is responsible for payment of all utilities. The utilities were kept in my name and they e transferred me the money every month ( bad practice I know, ill never do that again). The are now 8 days late on there hydro/water/gas payment for march and I am worried ill get stuck with Aprils bill as well. I have tried numerous times to text/call and have sent an email letting them know they are late, but they have not responded to me. I was wondering if any of you have had experience with this, and what my options are so that I am not stuck with the bill. They have been late before, but never weeks. I operate out of London Ontario. Am I looking at small claims court etc? Any advice/guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Don't major in minors.

Send them a bill at the end but be prepared to eat it.

Far too small for small claims court. Not worth your time.

If you wish to build wealth in real estate you should focus on only two things:

- find great deals
- find the money for it

Delegate everything else.

adriano

Registered
I agree with Thomas. Sounds like it is quite a cheap lesson . Move on and get it rented and don't do it again.

troymichael

New Forum Member
Registered
Don't major in minors.

Send them a bill at the end but be prepared to eat it.

Far too small for small claims court. Not worth your time.

If you wish to build wealth in real estate you should focus on only two things:

- find great deals
- find the money for it

Delegate everything else.
Thanks for the words of wisdom Thomas, always appreciated.

I guess in the grand scheme of things it could be considered cheap a lesson, unfortunately its been a few months of utility bills which have total up to around $1000, which is a decent sized loss for a small landlord like myself. Definitely won't do that again.

Top Bottom