Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tenant screening

creditinfocanada

Registered
QUOTE (JNB @ Aug 23 2009, 08:58 PM) I use: http://www.atenantscreen.com/canadian-tenant-screening.html

Tenant screening can be done through alot of different circles. If you have a firm grasp on exactly what to look for as doing credit searches etc. Always look at other options and to professional companies who strictly handle this feature as they are more prepared to help you make informed decisions.

www.creditinfocanada.ca

invst4profit

Registered
Search out TVS on the web. They are very popular with LLs, easy to join, fast and efficient and you get a discount for referencing REIN. That by itself is good advertising for the company.

creditinfocanada

Registered
If you know fully how to deduct a credit bureau, know what bank lending rates are pertaining to FICO or beacon scores are and know how to look for loop holes in credit, have the ability to search and understand credit seekers etc. than I suggest certainly going to Rent Check or TNS, however just remember they are not there to help you with your queries.

Chris Bradnam
Managing Director
www.creditinfocanada.ca

invst4profit

Registered
They have tons of easily understandable information regarding the likely hood of a tenant defaulting. All additional information is obtained through the thorough back ground search of employer, previous LLs, personal references and personal lifestyle.
No other info is required.

Chris how much does C I C charge LLs to do a simple basic credit check. No more no less.

creditinfocanada

Registered
At C.I.C we do our screening a little bit different, we are not credit re-sellers, we basically run the searches and walk through with our clients what on the bureau and try to match the potential income and client with what the landlord is seeking.

As i cant really go on into detail, you can certainly give us a call and i can walk through some of the process with you.

(780) 486-1183

Itsik

Registered
QUOTE (scott1234 @ Aug 22 2009, 10:22 PM) What is the best website to use for tenant screening (credit check).

Scott

What docs do you need from the tenants to run a credit check?
And i checked some website here but they seem to be US and not "really" Canadian.

creditinfocanada

Registered
To my knowledge there are only 2 companies that stick out for Canada. We are international and can run US and Canadian checks but we are not credit re-sellers and i think that everyone show know the difference from someone who helps your deduct findings to a re-seller.

A re-seller is someone who gets the files through their membership and than turns around and provides it to you, you have no help with it, if you simply cant deduct bureaus in which 95% of the population cant that dont go that route. Lets be honest, you may have some mechanical ability but would you try to fix your car if there was a chance you might get it wrong.

Our company, runs the bureaus and helps you along the way trying to break down what they say and we also convey credit caps, seeking skills, inquiries, debt ratio etc.

So just be aware you have to be careful, getting the documents back are easy, its being capable of making an informed decision.

Chris Bradnam
Managing Director
Credit Info Canada
www.creditinfocanada.ca

invst4profit

Registered
In the case of LL doing credit checks the information we require is fairly superficial. Certainly far less detailed than what a company may require.
Resellers are more than adequate for our purposes as most of the info we require is actually personal contact with previous LL. employers etc. The credit check simply tells us if there is a pattern of delinquency to be aware of in assessing risk.
Pretty basic stuff.

TomB

Registered
QUOTE (creditinfocanada @ Aug 28 2009, 12:42 PM) To my knowledge there are only 2 companies that stick out for Canada. We are international and can run US and Canadian checks but we are not credit re-sellers and i think that everyone show know the difference from someone who helps your deduct findings to a re-seller.

A re-seller is someone who gets the files through their membership and than turns around and provides it to you, you have no help with it, if you simply cant deduct bureaus in which 95% of the population cant that dont go that route. Lets be honest, you may have some mechanical ability but would you try to fix your car if there was a chance you might get it wrong.

Our company, runs the bureaus and helps you along the way trying to break down what they say and we also convey credit caps, seeking skills, inquiries, debt ratio etc.

So just be aware you have to be careful, getting the documents back are easy, its being capable of making an informed decision.

Chris Bradnam
Managing Director
Credit Info Canada
www.creditinfocanada.ca

Hey, Chris,

I tried to visit your website but my Malware program says your site is infected and won`t let me in. I can`t think of the last time this program gave me this message but it`s been ages. Just thought you`d like to know.

housingrental

Registered
Greg hits it exactly again
The other posts analogy to a mechanic is inaccurate
Fixing a car requires far more skill and is easy to mess up
Reading credit report requires functional literacy and one minute of time to read what everything is

QUOTE (invst4profit @ Aug 28 2009, 03:15 PM) In the case of LL doing credit checks the information we require is fairly superficial. Certainly far less detailed than what a company may require.
Resellers are more than adequate for our purposes as most of the info we require is actually personal contact with previous LL. employers etc. The credit check simply tells us if there is a pattern of delinquency to be aware of in assessing risk.
Pretty basic stuff.

creditinfocanada

Registered
Site seems to be fine Tom, the REIN members have been using the site to contact us over the weekend and even through today!

creditinfocanada

Registered
Well i can certainly reply to the mechanic example and state this, as an owner of a legal collections agency for 7 years, in the industry for another 8 on top of that as well as working for Equifax heres where your mistaken:

1. Even bank employees have trouble reading credit files, there are some that have a knack, but I hate to say this, I wouldnt be dealing with property management groups, landlords and property owners that all profess to know what they are fully doing but yet see collection files all the time on the simple basis that well they made a hicccup.

2. Credit files are fine but whats not on the credit files? most DONT have access to unless you have specific licensing through different search engines or governmental bodies to be able to run other queries.

So bottom line, be very careful and if you want send your stuff to a professional, break down the cost differential of having someone do a full screen to how much time you would actually spend doing it. In the end if it saves a file from going bad or a bad tenant, thats what you want.

Chris Bradnam
Credit Info Canada
(780) 486-1183

TomB

Registered
QUOTE (creditinfocanada @ Aug 31 2009, 04:08 PM) Site seems to be fine Tom, the REIN members have been using the site to contact us over the weekend and even through today!

I would be able to visit your site too if I didn`t have Malware Bytes installed and blocking my computer`s access if it finds something. I just thought I`d pass it on to you in case you wanted to check it out. Up to you whether you do or not.

drysdalecd

Registered
QUOTE (TomB @ Aug 31 2009, 08:16 PM) I would be able to visit your site too if I didn`t have Malware Bytes installed and blocking my computer`s access if it finds something. I just thought I`d pass it on to you in case you wanted to check it out. Up to you whether you do or not.

Yes, i tried to fill out the contact form on the website, bit it said i had either missing fields or wrong email address. I will call u later today i guess!!

koop

Registered
I downloaded and printed the application on "a tenant screen" for the tenants to fill out, when I would show the suite I had for rent I would ask if they want an application and most would take one, but I never got one back.
Anyone else have this problem? I wasn`t sure if the suite was the problem or the form.

JBagorio

Registered
QUOTE (koop @ Nov 11 2009, 10:18 AM) I downloaded and printed the application on "a tenant screen" for the tenants to fill out, when I would show the suite I had for rent I would ask if they want an application and most would take one, but I never got one back.
Anyone else have this problem? I wasn`t sure if the suite was the problem or the form.

I would suggest filtering your showing a bit better to get better result. I would ask the partial interview on the phone before I decide to show:

[list type=decimal][*]When are you looking to move in? - You want someone that is moving in soon and not later...[*]If so...Have they given their current LL the notice?[*]For how many people? - You would want to know if the property you are renting is sufficient...[*]For how long do they want to rent? 6 months, 1 year? - You want a long term and not sort term...Do they smoke?Do they have any pets?......[/list type=decimal]Over all you don`t want to waste your time and your application forms for that matter... If you filter first hand you should not have this issue.

Top Bottom