Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tenant Credit Checks

TerryF

Registered
We are on the verge of renting a property and I have a few questions about the tenant credit check.

I have the Application for Rental Accommodation for Alberta from the Critical Forms Section. Under Section 4 it asks for "credit references". What exactly is a "credit reference" and what do I do with that information? I intend to use either rentcheckcorp.com or tenant verification.com so will I need these other "credit references" if I am receiving a full report from one of these companies?

Secondly, can anyone tell me what these credit check companies will need for authorization? I will have the prospective tenant sign the authorization at the bottom of the rental application form. Is this all I need?

Thirdly, is it common practice to do the criminal record background check as well as the credit check?

Thanks - any comments much appreciated as we are very new at this!!

mcgregok

Registered
Contact Rencheck.com
![email protected]

Tenant Verification:
Tenant Verification, click here to find their website

They should be able to answer all your questions. They require that you have a an application authorizing you to gather and release information form your tenant. They do not ask for a copy but part of their agrement that you sign as a member demands that you have the sign authorization. Get as much info as possiable so you do not mix up with another person with the same name (sin., present past address,date of birth etc.)

invst4profit

Registered
Ask to see the drivers lisence of anyone they are planning to have live there. This helps to confirm they are who they say they are. Be very wary if they object. If the person you are renting to has a boyfriend/girlfriend with them but says they will not be living there when you ask for approval to do credit check be very wary. As far as a criminal check is concerned it depends on whether you want a criminal living in your building or not. A arsonist or child molester could be a problem but you can`t really descriminate by accepting one type of criminal over another. You either have a no criminal policy or accept everyone . In that case a criminal check is not required.

Top Bottom