Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sault Ste Marie

67applewood

Registered
I am looking for information about Sault Ste Marie. My wife and I visit the Sault around once a year and have found that the price of homes have been rising a lot over the last year. We have also seen that over the last 2 years, Wal-mart and Home Depot have built stores in the city, also there seems to be a lot of other commercial building activity occuring. If anyone has information about the City in regards to future developements, income growth etc. could you please pass on this information.

Thank you

Maximillion

Registered
I am originally from the Soo but left around 24 years ago. I go down to visit familly at least two times a year. I do agree that the prices of homes have gone up recently, but I`m not sure how great of an investment it would be. I have considered it myself. I would stick with the REIN fundamentals: what new job opportunities are emerging there.etc... The Steel plant which is their main employer is seeing increase in profits, which I understand is because of the need of China at this point for steel. That may be one of the reasons for a healthy economy in the city. How long will that last know one knows. The political climate of the city is very close-minded (unless it has changed recently). This I personally know since I have friends who are enterpreneurs and have told me that city council is not very forward thinking. I also heard that the tribunal board is brutal towards landlords and its very difficult to evict tenants...although that is happening in alot of places with the new legislation. Sorry...not trying to sound morbid, but I think you should really do your due diligence on this one, there are alot of other places to invest and the unfortunate thing is Sault Ste. Marie is kind of in the middle of nowhere.

QUOTE (67applewood @ Nov 16 2007, 05:06 PM) I am looking for information about Sault Ste Marie. My wife and I visit the Sault around once a year and have found that the price of homes have been rising a lot over the last year. We have also seen that over the last 2 years, Wal-mart and Home Depot have built stores in the city, also there seems to be a lot of other commercial building activity occuring. If anyone has information about the City in regards to future developements, income growth etc. could you please pass on this information.

Thank you

Top Bottom