Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Saskatoon team members?

kfort

Registered
Hello, for any of you who hold property in the Saskatoon SK area I'd love to communicate around what team members you have / are currently using. I'm trying to get a decent list together for "option B" when the particular people I use are not available. I'm thinking more along the lines of service personel not so much brokers etc but all info is welcome. There doesn't appear to be enough any links /recommendations in the member resource section for this area. Obviously willing and able to share my experiences as well :)

Mechanical: SaskWest mechanical is excellent. Owner is a solid guy and has a bit of the real estate bug himself from the time I've spent talking with him over estimates etc.

Electrical: AIM electric is excellent. I've used them a few times and the last time their guy actually went so far as to replace drywall after he'd pulled lines (he took the care not to destroy what he had to cut out and screwed it back in place). I also have a former tenant who does work on the side at times. He is less reliable but does excellent work also. Contact me if you want that name.

Plumbing: Mr. Rooter is excellent. You can find cheaper but you'd be hard pressed to find people who care more about doing it right. I use Vince exclusively. He came out on a Sunday once, plunged a toilet because apparently the tenant couldnt figure out how to, and never even charged me. Granted it was 5 minutes, but still, shows character.

Appliances:

Appliance Mart. Ask for Bob (he generally answers anyway). Great deals, and can make things happen fast. 4 piece set with 30 day warranty generally runs ~ $800. Disclosure: He is a tenant of mine for a storage unit & I get zero kickback for referrals.

Contractor for minor work:

Casey Ray Const. Every time I have used Casey he has completed the job on time and it came out better than expected / required.

I'll add to this when I get more time.

NNguyen

Registered
thanks, just starting my investing here in saskatoon

and was looking to start a similar team of people

kfort

Registered
When you get rolling and find a decent handyman let me know! Mine is retiring.

MG911

REIN Member
Hi! I see you found us. Did you finally sign up?

Michael

Top Bottom