Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Replacing lead water pipe in Hamilton

holymoly

Registered
The city has checked the water intake pipe at my rental property and found it to be lead. I`d like to replace it as soon as possible (then the city will replace their portion). Does anyone have recommendations on who I should hire? Or any experiences/advice? Thanks!

housingrental

Registered
A plumber
He might be willing to make it out that far (out of Mississauga) but try REIN member Marcin. He`s also on the holmes inspection show weekly on HGTV.

rforgiel

REIN Member
I have asked my contacts for a good plumber that replaces lead pipes in Hamilton and have not gotten any good referrals. They all claim not to do it any more. I have gotten a quote and some follow up from:
Thos. R Birnie & Sons Ltd
1-877- 5- STINKY
1-877- 578-4659
They are a bigger reputable firm so are a probably expensive.

I hear the following companies will do lead pipe replacement
Cona Construction
905 981 1425
905 679 1425

Water Service Install
Mike Leclerc 905 719-3066
Dwayne Hicks 905 929-6013

I just had a young mother and 1 year old daughter move in so today I was putting on the water filters. Tomorrow I will call to book the appointment or get more quotes. Since my water pipe runs underneath my walkway I am also looking for an inexpensive concrete guy.

Keep in touch on this one and I will let you know how my experience goes.

LukasWywrot

REIN Member
The City of Hamilton also has a Lead Pipe Service Program in place. They will finance up to $2000 of the bill over ten years. Not a bad deal if you are considering it. Let me know what type of costs the contractors are coming back with I will be looking into replaceing the lead pipe at three properties shortly.

Luke

holymoly

Registered
I contacted all three and will be using Mike Leclerc. He told me his minimum quote is $1700. Mine will be the minimum (plus cost of permit).

QUOTE (LukasWywrot @ Aug 21 2010, 03:40 PM) The City of Hamilton also has a Lead Pipe Service Program in place. They will finance up to $2000 of the bill over ten years. Not a bad deal if you are considering it. Let me know what type of costs the contractors are coming back with I will be looking into replaceing the lead pipe at three properties shortly.

Luke

rforgiel

REIN Member
My quote with Thos. R Birnie & Sons Ltd was also in the $1700 range plus permit.
Since I already have a tenant in place and it will be a pain having estimators going in and out, I have tentatively booked with Birnie and Sons. Will let you know how my experience goes.
Thanks for the update.

Top Bottom