Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Renting out detached garage

ccameron

Registered
Just had an offer to rent a vacant garage of one of my rental homes. $50.00/month and it is to store a seasonal sports car. I do know the guy as we live in a small town. I explained to him that since I didnt want to disturb the tenants in the house, access to the garage would be limited. Meaning no in and out in and out. He seems to understand and agree. Does anyone else do this?

samcansam

Registered
Rent the garage as a self-storage and set all you conditions loud and clear. Use a self-storage contract for your region.

mflynn

Registered
QUOTE (samcansam @ Aug 20 2008, 10:25 PM) Rent the garage as a self-storage and set all you conditions loud and clear. Use a self-storage contract for your region.

I rent out a garage in one of my houses. The tenants have NO access to the garage and the garage tenant has NO access to the house. He is also storing old cars and workshop type equipment there so he has no in out privileges and the house tenants use the driveway. Be sure you find a way to do an inspection at least once every three months -- it`s a great cover for a grow op!

I get $125 per month for the garage.

Top Bottom