Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

REIN email or full time membership?

daamole

Registered
I am considering becoming a REIN member but trying to decide between becoming an email member or a full member. I am thinking email membership because it is cheaper and full time fee is steep for me right now but I also know there is a difference in benefits between the two types of membership.

I will appreciate if REIN email members can provide some insights into their experience as REIN email members particularly members that bought their investment properties after they become REIN email members.

I will also like to hear from email members that switch to full members about the difference they have experienced since becoming full time.

Thanks.

jarrettvaughan

Registered
I have held both types of memberships over the past 4 years as I have lived in different parts of the world.

I can attest that there is no doubt that the full membership brings greater value. It is worth the extra money for one reason. Networking.

Having the opportunity to meet other investors each month and speak to them, face to face, about the issues and challenges that they face is not only educational, but also inspiring. It keeps you accountable and motivated. I am back to going to the meetings each month, I feel less stressed about my investments and more confident about my desicions.

After saying that, even the email membership will bring you a lot more value then any other options on the market today.

R

RussellWestcott

Hello, thanks for your question.

Here is some insights that you may find helpful.

Long before I became part of the REIN` management team, I was a REIN` member (and still am). I was a BC member, and we did not have any meetings what so ever in BC. I still made the decision to become a full member, because surrounding myself with the Real Estate action takers was very important to me (I guess I needed extra support and help).

I would schedule business trips around days that the REIN meetings were being held in Alberta. I would not miss any of the ACRE (then know as Quickstart) programs. I would travel to any of the all-day power workshops on the weekends. By the end of the year I would have attended at least 4-5 of the months of the year. I felt it was worth the extra commitment to be part of the community live and in person.

I learned best by coming to the meetings with a detailed list of questions, and talked to as many people as I could to find the answers. I started building my team by meeting as many people as I could. Plus I realized by talking to the members who were taking actions, I learned so much from the deals that people were doing, and that gave me confidence to go out and do it myself. I continually 'lean' upon the community for help and support.

What you will find, within REIN`, is the people who take the most action in Real Estate are the ones who make it out to most of the meetings.

I do realize that at times it can be a bit inconvenient to make it out to the workshop.... but then when is becoming successful convenient.

If you would like to schedule a phone appointment with one of the REIN` experts to see which level of membership is right for you, please call our office at 1-888-824-7346 and speak to Ron Smouter.

MrHamilton

Registered
Excellent advise from both Jarrett and Russell!

When becoming a professional real estate investor you will find you know very few people who are interested in building towards a future of financial freedom. Only by becoming a full time member of REIN will be able to network with like minded people who will want you to succeed as much as they do.

Instead of focusing on costs, think about return. You may come across an
opportunity and/or learn something new that will make you (or save you) thousands, enough to cover years of FT membership.

From my experience, I've been a FT REIN member for almost three years and am grateful for all that has come into my life directly from being a REIN member.

All the best!

Erwin

richardkp

REIN Member
I would agree that by attending the meetings you will definitely get more action taken and support along the way.

I live in Nova Scotia and subscribe via post to the REIN membership and the only reason I am not a full time member is because of the travel. Russell was lucky in being able to schedule business trips ;) Family commitments (3 kids!!) and the time away from work and costs are stopping me currently.

Once I get to the stage where I can travel freely then I will be switching to full REIN membership but if time/distance are your issue then REIN by post is the best option out there for RE Investors.

JoeRagona

Registered
Your situation is exactly like mine was three years ago so I began with the limited email membership. It did provide GREAT support and I believe I honestly went that route because I was anti-social and didn't see myself connecting with others who knew more than I.

I was completely mistaken and switching to full membership changed my life only six months later. Everyone boasts about the networking and I've had people tell me there is no time for networking at all. Each event offers what YOU want to get out of it. That's one of the largest lessons I've learned not only from being a full time REIN member, but in life in general.

I would say get out and meet people who think like you - you will be pleasantly surprised and then writing your own reccommondation for someone else who will ask this very same question in a month or two :).

More on my story on my blog, there are references to my 'growth' in business and as an investor.

Should you want to chat, email or give me a call.

daamole

Registered
Thank you all for going the extra mile to provide information from your personal experience. I think the full time membership is going to be great for me!

R

RussellWestcott

[quote user=daamole]Thank you all for going the extra mile to provide information from your personal experience. I think the full time membership is going to be great for me!

Excellent, great decision, I'd like to pre-welcome you to the community. Give Ron Smouter a shout at our office 1-888-824-7346, and he will be able to help you and answer any questions you may still have.

Top Bottom