red deer neighborhoods

markbrad

Registered
Hi folks!

Just wondering if anyone would like to share some of their knowledge with me. I have lived in Stettler for 7 yrs now, and I get to Red Deer a couple of times a year. (read I hate shopping, spend too much time working) I have been pondering investing in Red Deer, but I don`t know the neighborhoods. I don`t want to waste a lot of time on mls etc. looking in undesirable areas. Would you be willing to tell of your secret areas to invest in and reasons? ie proximity to college, etc.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

RedDeerWilliam

Registered
Heya Mark!
There really aren`t any super secret neighbourhoods in Red Deer. Almost all of them are good and have potential. The one to watch the most is Riverside Meadows because it`s an area in transition.

As for middle-income neighbourhoods the communities in NW Red Deer are very solid. The more affluent appear to live in the SE parts of town. There certainly are a lot more `newer` communities in that area. However, there is the new community of Johnstone Park in the NW that is a popular investor haven!

A few people have indicated to me that Normandeau is not doing quite as well as the other communities in that area but there are a lot of rental properties in that community!

Mark, I`m not sure if you`re interested or not but I`m actually looking for a JV partner for a property in SE Red Deer for a wrap or long term buy-&-hold. If you`d like to know more, drop me a line!