Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Real Estate Investor Mentor

ronda

Registered
I am new to real estate investing and have been told to find a mentor. But how do you go about finding one? I am new to Northwest Alberta and I am having troubles. If any one has any tips please help.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Please feel free to call or e-mail me .. but first: understand what you want and have well thought through answers to ALL of these questions:

how much money do you have - in cash or via an equity line against your house? whay type of property are you looking for? where .. and why? What research on target area have you done ? how much time per month can you afford to spend ? are you a REIN member ? what, if any, have you invested in education ? which books have you read ? do you own your own home ? do you have a good team: lawyer, realtor in target area, mortgage broker ? do you wish to make money slow / long term through rentals ? or rather through buying low, fix up, sell quickly ? Does your spouse/friends support this or is there resistance that you spend significant time and money at a venture with unknown results, possible losses at the beginning ?

RedlineBrett

Registered
I looked *forever* for a good mentor... Never ended up finding one.

So I joined REIN! Here there are hundreds of people for you to network with.

No one in real estate is going to hold your hand and tell you "everything is going to be ok and you will be rich soon" but there are lots of people that will answer your specific questions when you have them and also work to help you out of a jam if you find yourself in one.

One of the oft-ignored benefits of real estate investing is the confidence you build by taking action and GETTING THINGS DONE. You need to take the steps yourself but thanks to REIN you will never be alone.

Good luck!

GarthChapman

Registered
I second Brett`s response, and would add that you will find a Mentor within REIN if you want one. Just be open to what is around you and the right things will happen.
Best of luck, and be sure to say hi if you join up.

EdRenkema

Registered
I would like to third that response, I`ve been a member less than 2 months but if I need a question answered I can tap into this network or ask someone at a meeting. I sat on the fence for 2 yrs until I joined this discussion forum and saw how very experienced investors answer all the queries they can for no other reason than to help others. The meetings themselves are informative and motivational in a very specific sense, example I started doing the specific things I needed to get going, surprise - doors started opening!
As for the cost, I hold a private pilots license and the monthly fees are roughly equivalent to just over an hour in the air with an instructor, good value I`d say.

Ed R

Top Bottom