Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RE Investments vs Small Business

EricBodin

Registered
Hi everybody,

I would love to have some comments regarding my situation. I have always had small businesses (retail, food...) and I just sold my last business a few months ago. I have a small amount of money from the sale of the business. I could buy a new business but in this case this would be difficult to invest in RE.
I have always wanted to do some RE investment and with the cash in hand (150K) I could invest in a few properties but I am not too sure about the cash flow I can get (I live in BC) because without working, I would need some kind of monthly revenue.
What do you think?

I would appreciate your input?

Eric

EdRenkema

Registered
http://www.reincanada.com/upcomingevents.aspx

Eric,

If you are in BC you can attend the Vancouver Quickstart on Feb. 16&17 This will answer all the questions you have, teach you a proven system for RE investing and help you to network with other experienced investors. Check the link I posted above (if it works).

Good luck,

Ed R

RebeccaBryan

Registered
Eric,

I agree with Ed. Go to the Quickstart in February. It will be the smartest investment you`ve ever made! You`ll find answers to all of your questions and find out how easy it is for you to qualify through all the different programs the banks have now even in your situation.

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
most RE investments provide LITTLE income in the early years .. but decent equity upside !

a business often provides decent income (i.e. you buy yourself a job) .. but little equity upside ... i.e. hard to sell !

==> WHAT DO YOU WANT ?

Equity upside .. or regular income ?

EricBodin

Registered
QUOTE (thomasbeyer2000 @ Jan 26 2008, 11:25 PM) most RE investments provide LITTLE income in the early years .. but decent equity upside !

a business often provides decent income (i.e. you buy yourself a job) .. but little equity upside ... i.e. hard to sell !

==> WHAT DO YOU WANT ?

Equity upside .. or regular income ?

Thanks for the responses,

I still need some monthly income so I guess it has to be a combination of REI and income from a business for the first few years.
In BC, it seems to be very difficult to own some rentals properties with almost no money down and this will be my situation if I buy a new business. I will certainly come to the Quickstart program!

Eric

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
Welcome to BC ! Bring Cash .. isn`t this what BC stands for ?

Hard to buy RE with no money ..

heliman2

Registered
If you need cash flow you might want to consider investing outside of BC. There are many places that provide excellant cash flow even with just 10% down. I just bought a 4-plex in Oshawa (#9 of top ten Ontario towns) with 10% down and it produces $700+ a month positive cash flow. My duplex there produces $300+. I hear certian areas of Saskatchewan are good producers as well.

Cheers
Colin
Harveys Homes

Top Bottom