Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Quick Turn Real Estate School

RebeccaBryan

Registered
QUOTE (WadeFenner @ Aug 31 2010, 09:10 AM) Hello Hassan,

Like Ron I`m going to be blunt.

Nothing that is going to create the lifestyle & wealth you desire is going to come easy. Those who are not willing to bust their ass, get the education, ask for help, put in their time, take a few risks, fall down, and pick themselves up again should just go get a day job and forget about having dreams.

Ron LeGrand is probably the best in the business. Yes he`s arrogant as all get out and a massive promoter - so what - dislike the messenger if you will but embrace the message.

I studied all sorts of quick-turn real estate ideas and sat at home doing mock scenarios for years before ever doing anything with the knowledge until I had an epileptic seizure in 1997 and lost my job and my drivers license. Shortly after this I moved to Alberta and bought a bicycle and started in the business while I looked for a job. A few months after arriving in Alberta from Vancouver REIN brought Ron to town and I drank the lemonade and the rest was history.

I had a good base of knowledge already by the time Ron came to Alberta but I really had no idea if what I knew was legit or just more get rich bs. I attended a few of Ron`s courses and had faith because I had a lot of faith in REIN.

The results were tremendous. In my first year 1997 and starting with nothing more than a cash advance on two credit cards, a cell phone, and a bicycle I did 1.3 million dollars worth of deals with a profit of "A hell of a lot more than I made working". I did it because I wanted to, had to, and had nothing better to do.

Since then I`ve completed 120+ individual purchases all using Ron LeGrand styled techniques to either locate the property, get it under contract, finance it, fix it, flip it, seller finance it, or whatever.... if not all of the above. To this day I have not walked into a bank and qualified for a mortgage to buy a house. I`ve qualified to refinance them but not buy them.

Was it easy no - It took a lot of hard work. The difference between people who make this stuff work and those that don`t is they are not learning the material well enough or are not applying themselves hard enough or in the right manner.

Its impossible for somebody like Don Campbell or an organization like REIN to be all things to all people and for all people to succeed at all things they bring to the table - nor will all people appreciate all of the speakers. Dislike the messenger but listen to the message. Quick-turn creative styled real estate is not for everybody and might not work for all but it doesn`t have anything to do with the techniques it has to do with the person applying them. Maybe its just not a fit for them. I dislike bookkeeping and do poorly at it but it doesn`t mean its a bad profession.

Have faith in the integrity level of Don Campbell, REIN, and what and who they bring to the table. Listen to the message and apply what you think will work for you. Don`t forget to ask for help along the way.

Good Luck,

This is an absolutely awesome post!! Thank you for sharing that Wade.

Fab

Registered
QUOTE (CarrieKoch @ Aug 12 2010, 10:38 AM) As someone how was very, very frustrated after the Quick Turn School I would say that we NOW very pleased with the results. We had to be patient, tweak the system to our budget, and work our butts off to get a good team in place. It wasn`t easy at all.

We definitely wouldn`t have done the deals we did without learning the methods. We`d probably still be waiting for a realtor to find us a property and trying to figure out how we`d pay for it.

Our successes include:
1. $10,000 made on renovating and flipping a house - in under 4 weeks
2. Purchase of a triplex with seller financing and sweat equity. This property pays us $900 a month and our projected return over 5 years will be about $100,000
3. Sandwich lease option, no money down...huge return.

We`ve purchased 3 houses privately just in the last 2 months and have another one on the table right now. Because of the successes of our private marketing and the deals I`ve acquired I now have 2 joint venture partners. :)

I`m writing from Ontario, where I reside, and where I`ve registered to attend the Ron Legrand 4-day bootcamp starting Oct 27/2010. Like others on this thread, I see quick turn as a way to accumulate seed capital, and that`s how I plan to use it. The marketing tips and tricks also seem valuable and widely applicable.

My issue is it is being advertised as a strategy that "works in Ontario", but I`m getting negative feedback. For example, my real estate lawyer (who is a REIN member and has presented before) is of the opinion that it is a strategy that is not available in Ontario for many reasons, both legally and culturally; it is also way too problematic and complicated. Granted, this is just his opinion, but it comes from an individual that has many years experience in real estate in Ontario. This is quite disconcerting because I would hate to find out later that this strategy is not really applicable in Ontario in practice, despite Ron`s best marketing efforts.

Aside from the $2,000++ investment, which is significant for me, learning the system takes a long, long time. Its complexity doesn`t scare me, but I would hate to waste time learning something I can`t implement. My time is limited as is everyone else`s. I would be extremely disappointed if this were nothing more than a really interesting seminar on something that works in Canada, just not in Ontario.

I am aware that this strategy is not common in the US either, but if in Ontario it is so uncommon that I will be unable to close on a deal because nobody but the one lawyer Ron recommends
understands it, why would I bother? Let`s not forget that the seller`s lawyer (if applicable) would also need to understand what an AFS is. For the record, I did attend the Oct 2 Ontario REIN workshop where Ron presented and the lawyer from Hamilton (I don`t have his name handy, sorry) also spoke. But surely we can`t be expected to all use this one lawyer to close all our quick turn deals...

What puzzles me is why would REIN, given its mandate, associate itself with it in Ontario if it were true that it doesn`t work here?

Carrie, from the looks of it you reside in Ontario as well and you seem to have implemented some form of the quick turn strategy. I would greatly appreciate some clarity before I invest more time learning something I can`t use.

Thank you very much.

Top Bottom