Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Property Management Company in Edmonton

Beaupre1

Registered
I am having trouble finding a property management firm in Edmonton. I have called all of the companies on the resource directory and not one of them will take on just one house and a condo.
The house will be available Dec. 1 so I`m looking to get a property manager asap.

Thanks in advance,

Scott
style_emoticons

NickStewart

Registered
QUOTE (Beaupre1 @ Oct 17 2007, 12:15 PM) I am having trouble finding a property management firm in Edmonton. I have called all of the companies on the resource directory and not one of them will take on just one house and a condo.
The house will be available Dec. 1 so I`m looking to get a property manager asap.

Thanks in advance,

Scott
style_emoticons

Scott - where are the properties located?

Nick

chauhan

Registered
Hi Scott:

did you try:

Esquire Management Group
200, 12406 - 112 Avenue
Edmonton, AB

Michael McNeil
780-414-0390

If you have any question please give me a call @ 403-701-7108

chau Han

Hamida

Registered
QUOTE (Beaupre1 @ Oct 17 2007, 11:15 AM) I am having trouble finding a property management firm in Edmonton. I have called all of the companies on the resource directory and not one of them will take on just one house and a condo.

Thanks in advance,

Scott
style_emoticons

Hi Scott.
I am a property manager. Just became a REIN member. Where is your property? You can call me at 449 5655.
Hamida

Patricia

REIN Member
Hi Scott,

We`ve been using RealtyCorp Property Management, and have been pleased with them overall.

780-701-4500

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
I recommend that you interview at least three. Tell them your current portfolio, your planned portfolio and your time lines. Then ask them the key question

Question #1 `What do YOU think of today`s rental market in ********(town)?

This is a great question to see if they are going to be providing you, the future, with excuses or if they are going to provide you with solutions (i.e tenants). We`re all pretty tired of hearing excuses that the market has `slowed down` or `too busy` The reality is that in any market conditions there are renters (i.e customers for your rental product) their job is to attract those customers not to hope they show up. NO EXCUSES!

Question #2: What is your typical marketing plan to attract tenants. You`re looking for someone who is creative and doesn`t just place a couple of ads in the paper and hope for the best. Ask to see samples of a couple of ads they have running right now so you can see what they do (rather than what they say). By the way, listing it on their own web-site is a bit of a waste unless they get THOUSANDS of visitors per week and they are rated in the Top 10 of google.

Question #3 "What company does most of your renovations and do you have any affiliation with them or do you get a fee from them for the business?" A good way to see if they are going for competitive bids on your property repairs.

I also recommend that you use the Quick Search button (top left of this page) to search for other property manager / property management discussion threads as I know this conversation is also going on elsewhere on this site.

Trust this helps!

RichardCanfield

Registered
QUOTE (Beaupre1 @ Oct 17 2007, 12:15 PM) I am having trouble finding a property management firm in Edmonton. I have called all of the companies on the resource directory and not one of them will take on just one house and a condo.

Thanks in advance,

Scott
style_emoticons

Hi Scott,
I suggest you try Libertas Holdings Inc. Tey have there own management company and managage for many REIN members, they use low cost advertising techniques and charge 10% of Gross rent but only if your unit is occupied. I am very happy with there service and ability to get things rented. As they are a creative team that owns 50 or so of there own properties and top ten award winners with REIN you can trust that they already use REIN strategies for management. Plus there lease is Amazing!!

Dan_Eisenhauer

Registered
I also ran into the same problem with my first SFH purchase in Edmonton in May.

I called about 8 firms. None was interested in one home. I have been lucky and have a great tenant and am successful with self-management. I found a terrific handman and the tenants call him when problems develop. The tenants also do work around the house that is improving its value. I also visit the property every time I go to Edmonton.

My focus is changing to multi-family homes now, so PM will become more of an issue, especially for filling vacancies. As a trained PM, I may examine ways to continue with the self-managment, but only if I cannot find a fee manager I like. I am delighted to see the above recommendations.

BradFroese

Registered
QUOTE (Beaupre1 @ Oct 17 2007, 10:15 AM) I am having trouble finding a property management firm in Edmonton. I have called all of the companies on the resource directory and not one of them will take on just one house and a condo.

Thanks in advance,

Scott
style_emoticons

Top Bottom