Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Oriole Park Red Deer

BDFI

Registered
Hello,

I have read a few posts on other threads speaking of tenant issues (non-payment, evicting, long court dates) in Red Deer. I realize tenant issues can develop anywhere but is there certain areas of Red Deer that have a worse reputation than others? Any specific feedback on the Oriole Park area of Red Deer?

Thanks,
Bart

HeatherBrandt

Registered
Hi Bart,

We have several properties in Red Deer, most south of the river but 2 in the south end of Riverside Meadows and 1 in Fairview. We don`t own in Oriole Park, but when we were considering it, it seemed more transient and the crime rate was higher than other areas of the city (the RCMP used to publish monthly data in the paper). The rest of the city may have caught up by now. North of the river has always been seen as more blue collar, this may have changed due to in-migration. Our property manager has mentioned greater difficulty in renting suites in areas of Normandeau. But there are REIN members who own north of the river and are doing fine. You get more "house" for your money than on the south end.

Two areas which have problems are the north end of Riverside Meadows and east-central ("old North Red Deer") Highland Green. These are high density areas which are not transitioning. The drugstore in Highland Green has been robbed several times.

Recently in the Red Deer Advocate, they ran an article which suggested students at Glendale Middle School (the only middle school in the north end) were less likely to complete high school than students attending elsewhere. Don`t know if it`s true, but not helpful advertising for attracting families.

Hope this helps.

QUOTE (BDFI @ Apr 17 2009, 07:37 PM) Hello,

I have read a few posts on other threads speaking of tenant issues (non-payment, evicting, long court dates) in Red Deer. I realize tenant issues can develop anywhere but is there certain areas of Red Deer that have a worse reputation than others? Any specific feedback on the Oriole Park area of Red Deer?

Thanks,
Bart

brightdreams

Registered
Hello

I own few properties in North Red Deer and planning to add more. Oriol park is one of my target area. I studies population growth in each neighbourhoods of Red Deer and Oriol park is one area which stands out with 26% increase in population in last 5 years compared to 15.6% for red deer.

You will see lots of newer constructions in north. I have rented properties in north to young professionals paying way more than average market rent as they earn more. Johnstone park and kentwood are other areas in north with very good population growth in last 5 years-403% and 49% respectivly.

Firoz

Top Bottom