Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Oilsands freeze not in the cards

joeiannuzzi

Registered
OK, let`s see if we`ve got this straight.

Monday we learn that a passel of oil companies has joined a consortium of native and environmental groups calling on the Alberta government to introduce a temporary moratorium on the development of future oilsands projects.

Tuesday, the price of oil hits a record $102 US per barrel.

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/c...6e-a673fff5aafb

Thomas Beyer

REIN Member
always the best option (for the player in the market): get in any market .. and then YELL: close the door .. as the price skyrockets .. people did it in Whistler or Canmore or Portland, OR ..

good for the player in the market .. not so good for those who want in ..

same with rent controls ! Benefits the ones that have a suite .. at the detriment of the folks looking ..

kir

Registered
I believe OIL went to 102 a barrel on Monday because it was used as a hedge towards inflation.

QUOTE (joeiannuzzi @ Mar 1 2008, 10:54 AM) OK, let`s see if we`ve got this straight.

Monday we learn that a passel of oil companies has joined a consortium of native and environmental groups calling on the Alberta government to introduce a temporary moratorium on the development of future oilsands projects.

Tuesday, the price of oil hits a record $102 US per barrel.

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/c...6e-a673fff5aafb

samcansam

Registered
I had the opportunity to have a look at a very detailed GIS map that shows the oil sand deposits -including layer depths- in relation to the current leases in Alberta. I can tell you that all the good spots are already leased based on the current confirmed oild sand discoveries. The rumor amongst the geologists in Calgary is that there are more oil sands to be discovered north of the current ones. So I would agree with the notion that the current players do not want new players to jump in and lease new land until they make their homework and see if the new land is worth it. The whole thing is to take business advantage.

Top Bottom