Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Non-standard Lease clauses

MikeMcC874

Registered
Just wondering what you all add to your leases and why when you have your lawyers do them.

Mike

invst4profit

Registered
Being in Ontario I only use a standard lease with no additions. The reason is in Ontario nothing added to a lease is enforceable unless it is part of the RTA.
No point in adding no pets, no smoking, no parties etc as once a tenant is in they can do as they please provided they do not violate the rules of the RTA.

WadeFenner

Inspired Forum Member
QUOTE (MikeMcC874 @ Feb 27 2010, 02:18 PM) Just wondering what you all add to your leases and why when you have your lawyers do them.

Mike

I`m not sure what you`re trying to accomplish but in Alberta you cannot overide the Alberta Tenant Act even if your tenant signs the lease. S you need to be careful how you structure your wording etc.

Maybe be more specific.

MikeMcC874

Registered
QUOTE (WadeFenner @ Mar 1 2010, 11:35 AM) I`m not sure what you`re trying to accomplish but in Alberta you cannot overide the Alberta Tenant Act even if your tenant signs the lease. S you need to be careful how you structure your wording etc.

Maybe be more specific.

I have heard a number of people say they include clause x in their leases to deal with scenario x.

I am in the process of getting a lease put together and thought I would see what I need.

Things like smoking and garbage etc are fairly obvious, Ontario RTA or not but I am still a relative noob at this landlord thing.

Mike

Top Bottom