Need expert bathroom contractor for custom shower stall in Edmonton

Sherilynn

Real Estate Maven
REIN Member
I just learned that our tenant is moving today instead of at the end of the month, leaving me with the unexpected opportunity to upgrade the bathroom, and my contractor is on holidays.

We require a contractor experienced with shower stalls. It may be possible to use an acrylic stall but I don't have the measurements to know for sure. If not, we would need a custom tile stall.

We would like the job done before June 28.

Please email me at [email protected] or call me at 780-756-4578.

MG911

REIN Member
Hi Sherilynn,

Not sure if you've found anyone yet but if you decide the tile route - try and find a contractor that uses the Wedi waterproofing system. I've used it on my last few jobs and it's an amazing product. Any tile guys that are up on their PK prefer the Wedi system over Schluter because it's so fast to install. Theoretically you could have a 3' x 5' shower ready to tile in a day. The Schluter system is okay but requires some drying time for the mortar and it's a bit messier, even with their new panels.

Also, ask if they could use StarQuartz grout instead of cement based grout. The stuff is almost bullet-proof!

I've used both systems and use Wedi exclusively now with StarQuartz grout. If done properly, it would make for a very tenant-friendly water proof shower system. Now if you could just get your tenants to towel off the tile after every shower!

Hope this helps,

Mike