My new book Magnetic Real Estate Photography

CarlaJohnson

Registered
Many of you know I recently published my great new book - a first for me - called Magnetic Real Estate Photography. A big, huge Thank you to Don Campbell for writing the foreword and freely handing out "shots in the arm." Plus, a big Thank you to the many REIN members who have been supportive and encouraging. What a wonderful group of people to be connected with.

This has been quite an adventure and learning curve. My book is now on Amazon, plus I have set up a website and I have new blog: http://carlajohnson.wordpress.com/

I have been out and about promoting it already, but I am finally getting ready to hold a proper launch party. You will all be invited and I`ll post the invitation here.

Thank you all so much!

GlennLasiuta

Registered
Congratulations again Carla! What a fantastic and unique resource for anyone involved in the renting of or selling of real estate.

Keep up the great work.

I wish you luck with this and any future endeavours!

Cheers,

Glenn Lasiuta

HeatherBrandt

Registered
Hi Carla,

I bought your book in Red Deer and went through it. I have improved my "picture taking" ability over the years, but the book is very helpful. I especially like the summary at the end. I recently went into a property that I had taken the pictures a few years ago and took more with major improvements.

I`m actually considering buy a DSLR camera so I have access to a wide angle lens. Pictures of the bedrooms are impossible otherwise!

Thanks, I think I`ve already been paid back for the cost of the book.

JimWhitelaw

Registered
Congratulations on this big milestone! I look forward to picking up a copy of your book and meeting with you at the upcoming Toronto ALIFE.

CarlaJohnson

Registered
Thank you so much Heather & Jim,

Heather, I am so glad you found my book helpful. You will like owning a DSLR. It is just a fun camera to have anyway.

See you at ALIFE in TO Jim!

JoeRagona

Registered
Hiya Carla,

You know how I feel about your accomplishments already, but thought I would post here to give you proper `props`.

I`m just glad I have my SIGNED copy...

See you soon!

qdsouza

REIN Member
Hi Carla,

You are a wonderful person, who has written an extremely helpful book for me - an average photographer. I look forward to your future endeavors.

Thanks for the signed copy!

Q

TerryKruse

Registered
QUOTE (CarlaJohnson @ Sep 19 2009, 06:44 AM) Thanks Q & Joe!

Your support means a lot to me. I`m so glad you guys are my friends.

Congratulations Carla,

I bought your book when it first came out and it was great. I enjoyed seeing you again in Red Deer.

I hope you and your daughter enjoyed your Alberta visit.

Cheers, Terry

TodorYordanov

Registered
I was taking some pictures of a rental that needs to go back on the market. Carla`s book is a tool that keeps on giving and a great learning reference.
I may actualy be the "first official" buyer of the book which makes it that more special.

Manjula

Registered
Carla,

You photo goddess, you! Just finished reading your book - great advice! Learnt a lot from your presentation last year, used those tactics and certainly increased the interest in my ads...can`t wait to use the new stuff from your book,

All the best,
Manjula

RedlineBrett

Registered
Congratulations! Wrote and got your own book published... very impressive!

I am paying $150 for a professional photographer to take my photos for me now... perhaps with your book I can save some scratch!

CarlaJohnson

Registered
Hi Brett, I get lots of questions about the cost of hiring a photographer. Thanks for sharing that info.

Manj, it`s great to hear from you again. How is your beautiful baby doing?

Yes Todor, you were my first official buyer! Yahoo!

Terry, we had a really great time checking out the sites and sounds of southern AB. We went to Drumheller, the Siksika Nation, Cochrane and Calgary - had lunch in the 360 degree restaurant in the tower! It was fun catching up with you in RD.

KULA

REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT ADVISOR
Registered
Carla,

I have said this before but I need to say this in a more public arenaj: CONGRADULATIONS! I am a bit of a photo taking adict myself and your book is magnificent. I have referred to it often. It is easy to read and well laid out . I show it to people and even gently drop that I know the author and her family personally. When`s the next one coming out?

Niran

CarlaJohnson

Registered
Hey Philip! Thanks for the kind note. I`m looking forward to seeing you this weekend.

Niran, you always make me smile & chuckle. You are one of a kind. I think you would have approved of my curry tonight.

CarlaJohnson

Registered
Hi Tahani,

Thank you AND congratulations to you on your new business, too! Bravo!

My book makes a great gift. If you want to buy it in bulk, I will make you a deal!

Cheers!