mortgages being reported on credit bureaus

stepchuk

REIN Member
Sep 20, 2007
Vancouver/ Edmonton
www.fortpark.ca
I was wondering if anyone else out there had noticed if their mortgages were being reported on their credit bureau? For years now there has been talk of lenders reporting as is the case in the US, but I had not personally experienced this until just a few months ago. My mortgages with Citizens Bank of Canada are all being reported on one major credit bureau (Either Equifax or Transunion, I can`t remember which, but definetely not on both.) I had heard rumors of BMO reporting as well, but have no proof to substantiate this. Can anyone else shed any light into this situation?

Thanks,

Chris

Sep 11, 2007
QUOTE (stepchuk @ Oct 15 2008, 12:47 PM) I was wondering if anyone else out there had noticed if their mortgages were being reported on their credit bureau? For years now there has been talk of lenders reporting as is the case in the US, but I had not personally experienced this until just a few months ago. My mortgages with Citizens Bank of Canada are all being reported on one major credit bureau (Either Equifax or Transunion, I can`t remember which, but definetely not on both.) I had heard rumors of BMO reporting as well, but have no proof to substantiate this. Can anyone else shed any light into this situation?

Thanks,

Chris

Most simple mortgages do not report (with the exception of some credit unions), however many collateral mortgages which are readvanceable and contain an LOC component are reported. All of citizens bank mortgages are readvanceable which is why they are reporting. Any mortgages reporting on the bureau should have already been disclosed so it should not affect your application in any way.

Hope that helps,

billf

Registered
Feb 16, 2008
Mississauga
Hi,

I check my own report every once and a while and noticed all our Scotiabank mortgages were on my file for the last two years. I asked the Bank Manager about it and they said Scotia and TD are reporting. I believe it appears on my Equifax file.

Bill F.,

Ontario

Sep 11, 2007
QUOTE (billf @ Oct 15 2008, 08:10 PM) Hi,

I check my own report every once and a while and noticed all our Scotiabank mortgages were on my file for the last two years. I asked the Bank Manager about it and they said Scotia and TD are reporting. I believe it appears on my Equifax file.

Bill F.,

Ontario

If you have a STEP mortgage with scotia (most of them are), they will report as they are readvanceable. TD as far as I know, reports only its LOC`s - if you have an LOC mortgage with TD, it will report.