Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lawyer fees?

Nir

REIN Member
My lawyer told me he charges $1,250 per purchase inlcuding title insurance. As oppose to very few "big" purchases the plan is to purchase more but less expensive properties (around $150K each). This works in my lawyer`s favor as he charges per transaction as oppose to based on value. Therefore, should I try to negotiate a better price with him mentioning for example that the expectation is a purchase / transaction every month or should I just accept his initial quote. Is $1250 average or a little high? THANKS

navaz

Registered
I think that may be a bit on the higher side -have you discussed with the lawyer? Have you discussed with other lawyers in the area? Are there any special circumstances?

GarthChapman

Registered
Where are you located? How much of the $1,250 is his fees as opposed to Disbursements?

Nir

REIN Member
Hello Garth, I`m not sure about Disbursementsbuts yet but he is in Toronto, the property is in Orillia and the amount $1250 includes everything. is it reasonable? THANKS

GarthChapman

Registered
In Alberta that would be a bit high for purchases of the value you described. It really comes down to how much are the fees to make an informed evaluation, as the rest is flow through for the lawyer.
Hope that helps a bit,

Top Bottom