Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Kingston, Ontario

coolguy

New Forum Member
Registered
Hey Folks,
What do you all think about investing in Kingston, ON.
thanks,

Ryan10368

Deamed
Registered
I had a house there from 2009 to 2013. It was a 3 bed 2 bath 25min walk from Queen's University. It cash flowed about $350. I think I paid $300k for it. I was a student there and I bought a little further from the university than most as those properties were about $1M in an area nicknamed "The Ghetto". Most properties near the university had a bad reputation of being run by slum lords.

It's been a few years since I've been there but I would suspect there are some good oportunitues for student rentals there. That was my first home and I walked away debt free from University because of it. That what got me interested in real estate.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using myREINspace mobile app

darkness05

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
I spent 32 years in Kingston and just recently sold my last condo there a a few weeks ago. I have been living in BC for 8 years now so my knowledge of the market is limited, but I have heard that it is picking up. Kingston has always had very slow and steady growth. So many public service jobs (9+ prison, 2 large hospitals, 3 large schools and countless other govt jobs) keep it very stable and predictable.

I got out because the hassles were just not worth the returns. The fact that you can't even take a security deposit for your rental is mind blowing to me. Plus the insane property taxes. I pay almost half here in BC vs Ontario for a similar priced home/condo.

Top Bottom