Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JV Presentation in London, England - HELP!

bluerockgroup

Registered
Hi.

My wife and another couple are headed over to London for a 7 day vacation at Easter. Besides taking in all the sights and sounds of this beautiful city, I have been thinking about taking advanatage of the opportunity and trying to drum up some JV money through a presentation or some high stakes one-on-one meetings. At this time, I see three obsticles that need to be overcome.

1. My wife might kill me. The primary goal is that of a vacation but if I can just slip in one afternoon of work, I think that is reasonable.

2. Limited contacts. I had a friend who went to school in Oxford for a while but other than that, my network is baron.

3. Making the transactions happen. Bringing the money over, creating legal contracts in both countries..ect...ect.

With that all being said, I love the sounds of this challenge! I believe I can handle my wife, especially if there is a high probability of success and profit. I have contacts here in Alberta that have brought in foreign money before (but not from England) so I can certainly tap into their experiences. Time wise, there is about 6 weeks before I leave to do the prep work.

I see the biggest stumbling block being the contacts. Rather than wasting time and a lot of money running ads, ect for unqualified and 3rd tier potential investors, I would much rather focus just a few much more qualified investors. It is at this point that I am asking for help from my fellow REINers.

1. Does anybody have contacts in London that they would like to share with me who could be or know potential investors willing to put up $50,000 minimum investments (~25,000 pounds). You, of course, would qualify for a finder`s fee or maybe there is a partnership in there somewhere.
2. Has anybody done this kind of presentation in a foreign country before and do they have any words of advice or experience to share?
3. What are your thoughts as fellow REINers? Am I trying to squeeze too much out of a `vacation`? Is this a far more complex project than what I have envisioned in my head? Will my pregnant wife really kill me?

Thank you in advance!
Grant

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Hi Grant,

You might want to contact Philip McKernan through an IM on this site as he is currently over in Ireland and may be a perfect contact for you in this. (use MEMBER search to find his profile or go to the Success Stories section as I know he has posted a few comments on others Success Stories there)

reiScout

Registered
Some food for thought.

Place an ad in the area`s main newspaper stating that you are available for consultation to anyone interested in investing in Canada`s `Saudi Arabia.` Charge a nominal fee and be watching / listening for potential investor open to working with you.

You might be surprised with a phone call from someone just waiting for a guy like you to show up! The whole thing may be a waste of time. You won`t know until you give it a try.

Good luck and keep us abreast.

BobHudson

Registered
Can`t help you with the `angry wife on vacation` issue other than to say: "been there, done that, got the scars".

I can tell you that we have a JV partner in England who has done three deals with us and we have had absolutely no issues so far from legal (same JV agreement) or money (international transfer) perspectives.

Good luck with the marketing (and the grumpy missus).

Top Bottom