Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hey Edmonton, Come Ride the LRT Tonight!

ChrisDavies

Registered
Hi Edmonton folks. I`m going to be going on one of Brent`s discovery tours tonight. He`s been showing investors different property types (multi-family, single family homes, suited properties) and we`re going to look at condos along the LRT line (present and future) that might be a good investment property sub-type for some of you.

We`re meeting tonight (Thursday, July 22nd) at the Manning Crossing (Fort Road and 137th Ave) Tim Horton`s at 6:30. Give me a call if you need directions or want to meet up with us: 780-905-7562.

No cost, no obligation. You do have to buy your own LRT ticket

See you there.

REINteam

Registered
This sounds like a great idea, Chris! Great way to meet some REIN members in the Edmonton area and do your homework in a low-key atmosphere.

For all you REIN members who haven't yet signed up for our Multi-Family event, I encourage you to check out the event page on the myREINspace calendar. To register you can phone the REIN office and ask to speak to Karen or Amber and they'd be glad to get you set up for the event on August 28th and 29th. If you're interested in bringing a guest with you, we'd love to offer them a seat at a reduced Member Guest rate. Inquire for details.

http://www.reincanada.com/upcomingevents.aspx

If you're looking for a field trip like Chris' on an even bigger scale, August 27th is the Alberta Field Trip. We'll be touring Edmonton and the surrounding areas, meeting with mayors and economic development officers to get right down to the grassroots of what is making these communities tick and why they are so sound for real estate investment. You can register for this event by phoneing the office as well!

http://www.reincanada.com/upcomingevents.aspx

bizaro86

Registered
What a neat idea! Is anybody doing something like this in Calgary? Would anybody else be interested in something like this in Calgary? If so I could probably set something up.

Michael

ChrisDavies

Registered
Thanks Maddy!

It`ll be a good time, and I`m for sure going to be on the big field trip. I might even know a guy who helped plan it.....

Mike, I`m not sure if there`s one like this in Calgary, but I bet you`d get some interest. Brent`s goal is to help investors understand the advantages and pitfalls of the different types of properties. Feedback thus far has been really good, and attendance is ~6 people. (Nice, cause we actually go look at listings and 20 people showing up might make it awkward
)

bizaro86

Registered
Thought I`d put in a shout-out here for the blog Chris has in his signature, at www.chrisdavies.ca. I checked it out when I responded to this thread yesterday, and it was so interesting and informative that I read the whole thing last night/this morning. (There are 54 pages of post links, in case anyone wondered!)

Keep up the good work!

Michael

ChrisDavies

Registered
QUOTE (bizaro86 @ Jul 23 2010, 09:18 AM) Thought I`d put in a shout-out here for the blog Chris has in his signature, at www.chrisdavies.ca. I checked it out when I responded to this thread yesterday, and it was so interesting and informative that I read the whole thing last night/this morning. (There are 54 pages of post links, in case anyone wondered!)

Keep up the good work!

Michael

Thanks Mike!

It`s 430 blog posts and 22 pages in 29 categories with 583 tags as of this morning. Some people garden, I blog

brentdavies

Registered
A LRT train ride and a few shiny condos that cash flow because they are right next to the LRT stations.

This Thursday, we looking at townhouses, some good and very ugly. If you are available on Thursday Evening, feel free to join the group

Top Bottom