Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Has anyone herd of Wainright Alberta?

mzaurrini

Registered
I was offered to buy some apartments hear I dont know too much about the area except its about 1 hour and 30 minutes from south east Edmonton. Would this town fell the ripple from edmonton?
Feed back please.

Don Leggett

Registered
QUOTE (mzaurrini @ Feb 27 2008, 10:30 PM) I was offered to buy some apartments hear I dont know too much about the area except its about 1 hour and 30 minutes from south east Edmonton. Would this town fell the ripple from edmonton?
Feed back please.

Hi there,

I`m originally from there (many years ago) and would reccomend going to their website http://www.town.wainwright.ab.ca/index.html for info on the town and its location relative to Edmonton and other surrounding centres.

It lays along highway #14, and yes, it`s about 1.5 to 2 hours (closer to 2) East of Edmonton with a half dozen smaller towns in between. To the North lays Lloydminster and beyond that there is Cold Lake/Bonneyville/Grandcentre. To the South are places like Provost, Hardisty, Consort and to the East about 25-30 minutes miles is the Saskatchewan border and places like North Battleford, Kindersley and Saskatoon (which is 2-3 hours East).

That being said I can tell you they have just built a Walmart, a Canadian Tire store and a Tim Horton`s
style_emoticons
and have had an Extra Foods (smaller version of Superstore) and Boston Pizza there for a few years now. The local Co-op store is building a brand new facility and it also has, and has had for many years, the Western Canada Training Centre for our Canadian Armed Forces right next door.

As far as the REIN fundamentals and what they look like for that area ... that is something that you would have to do. We have not looked at the area ourselves from a real estate point of view so I can`t speak with any conviction regarding that.

Have a look a the website, due the diligence and see where that takes you.
Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Don

Waterfront

Registered
QUOTE (mzaurrini @ Feb 27 2008, 10:30 PM) I was offered to buy some apartments hear I dont know too much about the area except its about 1 hour and 30 minutes from south east Edmonton. Would this town fell the ripple from edmonton?
Feed back please.

Top Bottom