Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

grafitti removal

stepchuk

REIN Member
I was wondering if anyone out there has any experience removing spray enamel grafitti from a steel overhead garage door? The garage at our place near 118 ave in Edmonton was lucky enough receive an "extreme makeover" . It would seem that many of the homes in the neighborhood have received the same treatment lately, but I`m curious about how to remove the paint without removing the paint from the steel door? I`ve heard that paint thinner can do the trick.

I`ve also heard that bylaw enforcement is ticketing homeowners for such offences (which is ludicrous since it keeps happening of no fault to the homeowner.) Anyone experienced this yet?

Thanks,

Chris

PaulPoulsen

Registered
Hi Chris;

Depending on the quality of the paint, a gallon of Varsol and a stiff nylon brush might do the trick.

housedoc

Registered
Is painting the door not an option?
I`ve had the front of my brick building tagged several timesand use paint remover and alot of elbow grease.
I`ll be trying a product called `taginator` as soon as the weather warms up.
The sooner you can get to it, the better.

stepchuk

REIN Member
Thanks for the info guys. I`ll be sure to take your suggestions into account as soon as the weather warms up a bit.

Chris

mortgageman

Registered
I talked to a graffiti removal guy once who suggested applying car wax to your garage doors and vinyl siding. If you get tagged you can use hot water to remove the wax and also the paint. I tried it and knock on wood haven`t been tagged yet. I would imagine more wax is better than less so multiple layers is probably worth the extra effort.

Top Bottom