Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Garage Question

Brianrpaul98

REIN Member
Hi,

My professional tenants are complaining and threatening to go to the city because we are renting it out our garage to a person who works on his bikes periodically in the garage.

The tenant is saying that it is to be rented for storage only and is calling on me to respond to his requests to take action. He was probably told by someone that he needs to give the landlord a chance to solve the problem, hence the email request I`m getting.

By the way, he has been given his eviction notice to leave has an order to be out by the 15th.

Thanks for any tips,

Savard

Registered
I`m interested in hearing what your risk might be.

I would not respond to your evicted tenant. I hope you have engaged a Sheriff to enforce the eviction. You may require a writ of possession if they tenant does not leave.

GarthChapman

Registered
I was informed by a rather bureaucratic city of Calgary Bylaw Officer a couple of years ago that the Calgary has a Bylaw requiring that a garage on a residential property can only be rented to the tenants of the house. Yes, bizarre. But that`s Calgary`s style in this area.

I wouldn`t respond to the tenant`s complaint. I would gamble that is a bylaw that most would not enforce. But that`s me...

Top Bottom