Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Furnished Rental

saskbrian

Registered
I have a 4 bedroom 2 bath, totally renovated home with a detatched single car garage that I am considering renting as a furnished home. Apart from the obvious appliances and furniture that one would include, are we required to provide things like small kitchen appliances, pots and pans, dinnerware and utensils? What about household linens and bedding? What about things like a lawnmower, patio furniture and a BBQ? The going rent for this home in Saskatoon, unfurnished is approximately $1600 month. How much of a premium could I expect renting it furnished? Thank you.

dplummer

Registered
Are you considering short term vacation type rental ? If not, I wouldn't rent it furnished. While I admit I don't know your market for me it's a very special narrow market to rent in. I did own a chalet that we did short term rental & yes you have to provide the linens, cutlery, etc. Not for me . The continual weekly, monthy turn over of tenants was just not for me.

Doug

Emil1753

Inspired Forum Member
Registered
What area of Saskatoon?

What type of tenant are you hoping to attract?

Furnished rentals usually work well in downtown areas or near hospitals or schools as these types of professionals are usually the clientelle that are looking for furnished rentals.

Furnished rentals will attract a short term tenant, usually 1-6 months.

Are you ok with the higher turnover?

Most areas of Saskatoon i wouldnt try this strategy with.

hope this helps.

Emil

invst4profit

Registered
The problem I see with furnishing a 4 bedroom is the tenants this type of property will attract. Families , meaning children.

The issue is that your tenants will place little to no value on furnishings they do not own and likely let there children run wild. Your furnishings will be destroyed in a short period of time and they may then possibly demand replacements.

Not a good business decision in my opinion unless you are renting to professional couple with no children.

saskbrian

Registered
Thank you everyone for your input. Based on your comments we will not be renting it furnished. The property will still cash flow for us as an unfurnished home.

Top Bottom