Flag posts as valuable ?

RedlineBrett

Registered
Hey Grant - not sure if this is doable or not.. but I have been on other message boards where users can `flag` posts as helpful/not helpful/funny/innapropriate/etc.

Was wondering if you guys have looked into this at all?

I have seen some posts buried in threads that might not neccessarily be related to the subject matter but they are true gems of information.

It would be fantastic if users could flag these posts 1-5 as being good info or whatever... and then users could search for posts that were flagged as such and get access to the info that way.

Any thoughts?

Grant

Registered
Hi Brett,

Please read the topic titled "Need help? Read me first, What kinds of questions to ask in the Help & Support forum" at the top of these forums before posting here.

In there, I`ve indicated that this isn`t a suggestions forum, and any suggestions should be sent via PM to either myself or Ethan.

Since you`ve posted here anyway, I`ll let it go for today and give a response in here.
style_emoticons

There is a way to enable topics to be rated, but not individual posts. That would require a separate modification. You can view the topic titled "Favorite Posts" if you want to save posts for yourself. Unfortunately, it doesn`t work to show other people.

Cheers!

RedlineBrett

Registered
Oops... sorry Grant, I apologize. Wouldn`t be the first time I didn`t read something and got in trouble
style_emoticons

Thanks for the clarification.

QUOTE (Grant @ Mar 27 2008, 05:22 PM) Hi Brett,

Please read the topic titled "Need help? Read me first, What kinds of questions to ask in the Help & Support forum" at the top of these forums before posting here.

In there, I`ve indicated that this isn`t a suggestions forum, and any suggestions should be sent via PM to either myself or Ethan.

Since you`ve posted here anyway, I`ll let it go for today and give a response in here.
style_emoticons

There is a way to enable topics to be rated, but not individual posts. That would require a separate modification. You can view the topic titled "Favorite Posts" if you want to save posts for yourself. Unfortunately, it doesn`t work to show other people.

Cheers!