Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Financing

djw

Registered
How does one obtain a new mortgage once maxed out on other properties. Would one have to go thru a joint venture partner?

RobMacdonald

Registered
First, I would get a second opinion just to make sure that your are maxed out. Be sure that all your options have been investigated.

And if you`re still maxed out, then you would need to look for joint venture partners that complement your situation. JV`s with high stable income and little debt.

Hope that helps.

seanverret

Registered
Once I started getting into the 3 property range then I really was maxed out. We had do my 4th property with only my JV on the title and mortgage. Our lawyers then filed a caveat on the property for us, though my terminology may be incorrect. I`d be interested in hearing what others have done in the past.

Are there many investors out there whose JV partners are the only one`s on title and on mortgage?

Thanks in advance

PeterKinchMortgageTeam

Registered
QUOTE (seanverret @ Jan 9 2008, 08:56 AM) Once I started getting into the 3 property range then I really was maxed out. We had do my 4th property with only my JV on the title and mortgage. Our lawyers then filed a caveat on the property for us, though my terminology may be incorrect. I`d be interested in hearing what others have done in the past.

Are there many investors out there whose JV partners are the only one`s on title and on mortgage?

Thanks in advance

Going the route of the JV partner on title and mortgage is one option - it is often structured that way if that`s how the JV wants it, or when you actually are maxed out. That being said, we`ve worked with many clients in the past who thought that they were maxed out and actually weren`t.

Its difficult to say without an application, but if you were able to get 3 mortgages fairly easily, chances are your application is strong enough to get more. The key is working with the right lenders and structuring the applications according to their guidelines. Make sure your banker or broker is familiar with products and lenders for investors and as always, make sure that they are aware of your long term investing goals. Structuring your portfolio properly in the beginning is key to protecting your ability to get further financing in the future.

Top Bottom