Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Expansion of the 407 through Durham

David Bradica

New Forum Member
Registered
This is just he initial approval by the Durham region board but it looks like things are moving forward for the expansion of the 407 and subsequent 401 links. The plan is to have it done by 2013. We all know how important new transportation links are so this is something to keep up on.

http://newsdurhamregion.com/news/article/89850

Dave

DonCampbell

Investor, Analyst, Author, Philanthropist
Staff member
REIN Member
Hi Dave,

That`s great news and a wonderful follow-up to our discussions on the REIN Field trip.

I recommend that if a person is investing in the Durham region that you follow this closely (get a map of the new approved route) as it can easily provide you and extra 15 - 20% increase in your property values (over and above what the rest of the region will do).

To get some details on the research behind transportation improvement impact take a look at the latest Report on the value increases predicted from the Edmonton Ring Road. Click on this link below:

Transportation Report

Thanks for the post Dave!

RobCadete

Registered
Don,

That`s interesting (I know you love transportation improvements) Does this work everywhere? I am a new member from Hamilton and have been looking in the East end by the new expressway. I must admit that the areas adjacent to the expressway leave something to be desired. Do you see these areas incresing 15 % above the rest of the neighborhood?

Also, now that this extension is complete, will this further increase value of the original section on the mountain?

DonCampbell

Staff member
REIN Member
Access is everything. You can extrapolate the research in the front of the Edmonton Report onto the regions in Hamilton now having better transportation access. You will see similar results that the report outlines from the Anthony Henday Ring Road.

Look at areas near the exits, but not too near the main artery.

DonCampbell

Staff member
REIN Member
You can find it in the link in my post above (2nd note in this thread)

ENJOY!

Top Bottom