Excited to attend ACRES Ontario!

Brik8

Registered
I just registered for ACRES Ontario on April 17, 18, 19 & I can hardly contain myself...

I have been reading posts on this forum on how good this program is and when I heard that REIN team was comming to Ontario I had to book. This will mean quite a trip as I live over 4 hrs away, but I think it`s gonna be worth it!!!!

I only have 1 question, I have been invited to attend a Friday REIN workshop, and wondering the value of that. I would have to take friday off of work in order to attend it, so just want to see if others feel that it`s worth the time off to try to attend.

Can`t wait till April...

Brian

NeilUttamsingh

Registered
QUOTE (Brik8 @ Mar 13 2009, 06:25 PM) I only have 1 question, I have been invited to attend a Friday REIN workshop, and wondering the value of that. I would have to take friday off of work in order to attend it, so just want to see if others feel that it`s worth the time off to try to attend.

Hi Brian,

Attend the workshop on the Friday...you will not regret it.

I too was debating the exact same thing one year ago at the then `Quickstart` event.

I was glad that I attended the workshop on Friday because it was the whole experience of the `Quickstart` weekend that resulted in me joining REIN.

I am glad that I did because the knowledge and relationships that I have formed over the past year at REIN, I know I could not have obtained anywhere else.

If you have any questions, you can e-mail me at [email protected]

Come and say `Hi` over the weekend !

Regards,
neil.

hawkey55

Registered
Hi Brian,

The friday evening workshop is definitely worth it.
I travelled from Vancouver to the Edmonton ACRE event last November and was very impressed with the information and presentations that they had on the friday night.
If you have the opportunity to go, then do it.

L

lanedry77

Definitely go to the Friday evening Brian. Definitely.

David.

TodorYordanov

Registered
Friday will be the only chance you get to see a real monthly REIN member meeting. Absolutely a "must attend" to get the whole experience.

RArora

Registered
I really was looking fwd to this but I couldn`t find out when it was going to be in Ontario... n now Im out of country when its on!

L

lanedry77

QUOTE (TodorYordanov @ Mar 14 2009, 06:11 AM)
Friday will be the only chance you get to see a real monthly REIN member meeting. Absolutely a "must attend" to get the whole experience.

I would say the Friday meeting before the ACRES event is about a 90% real meeting. It's not completely real, since there's some lingo that can be used in the members-only meetings that builds on the ACRES event, and the assumption on those Friday events is that not everyone has been to the ACRES weekend yet, so it's modified slightly to account for the difference in attendees.

Now, to be very clear - that's a great thing if you're not a REIN member. If you're not a member, the Friday event will show you as much of a real members-only event as you can see without joining.

David.

ChrisDavies

Registered
QUOTE (Brik8 @ Mar 13 2009, 03:25 PM) I just registered for ACRES Ontario on April 17, 18, 19 & I can hardly contain myself...

I have been reading posts on this forum on how good this program is and when I heard that REIN team was comming to Ontario I had to book. This will mean quite a trip as I live over 4 hrs away, but I think it`s gonna be worth it!!!!

I only have 1 question, I have been invited to attend a Friday REIN workshop, and wondering the value of that. I would have to take friday off of work in order to attend it, so just want to see if others feel that it`s worth the time off to try to attend.

Can`t wait till April...

Brian

You`re going to have an awesome time Brian, and Friday`s a great part of the experience.

Brik8

Registered
Looks like it`s pretty important that I attend. I`ll have to book the day off...

I guess when I look at iot it`s a small price to pay given what I am spending to attend and the potential knowledge gain

Thanks to all for your input.

At these ACRES events, how many people usually attend?
Are all people attending new? (meaning that they have never attended ACRES)

L

lanedry77

QUOTE (Brik8 @ Mar 15 2009, 05:54 PM)
At these ACRES events, how many people usually attend?

Are all people attending new? (meaning that they have never attended ACRES)

Hi Brian,

700-800 attend, depending on the city.

I'd say that *roughly* half of the people will be REIN members, and the other half will be ACRES attendees. Within those two groups, some have been before and some haven't. Of course, most of the REIN members have been before, and most of the ACRES attendees have not.

You'll be glad you went to the Friday event - good decision.

David.

JoeRagona

Registered
Hi Brian and everyone attending..

If you are going to take the time to spend the entire weekend learning the ACRES system (it`s intense so come prepared and focused) then you should take advantage of the `free` members only meeting the night before. Invest in yourself and see why there are so many successful people in the room willing to help everyone.

In my opinion, you will either get it or you won`t. The first step is deciding to change your future, the next is to ask for help from people who are already where you want to be.

Good luck...I will see you there!

CarlaJohnson

Registered
To any new attendees to ACRE:

Here are my ACRE Weekend Tips:

1. Arrive early to register & get a good seat.
2. Bring a notebook, calculator, pen, pencil, highlighter & a small stack of post-its to mark pages you want to re-read. You will receive a binder with LOTS of handouts.
3. Have business cards to hand out. You will meet a lot of great people. If you don`t have a card, make up a simple one with your name, location & contact information. It helps to put something personal on it (your picture, a quote, your area of expertise...) to help people remember you from the other cards they will pick up that weekend.
4. Bring snacks and drinks since you can`t buy any there.
5. We get about an hour for lunch each day. Restaurants are a short drive or bring your lunch and eat at the conference centre.
6. Bring a jacket or sweater as the room can be cool.
7. If you own a book that Don Campbell has written, bring it along and he will sign it. All of his books will be available to purchase along with several other extra information packages. They are worth every penny.
8. Come well rested & ready to learn a LOT!

Hope that helps!

ShannonMurree

REIN Member
QUOTE (CarlaJohnson @ Mar 16 2009, 11:26 PM) To any new attendees to ACRE:

2. Bring a notebook, calculator, pen, pencil, highlighter & a small stack of post-its to mark pages you want to re-read. You will receive a binder with LOTS of handouts.
3. Have business cards to hand out. You will meet a lot of great people. If you don`t have a card, make up a simple one with your name, location & contact information. It helps to put something personal on it (your picture, a quote, your area of expertise...) to help people remember you from the other cards they will pick up that weekend.
5. We get about an hour for lunch each day. Restaurants are a short drive or bring your lunch and eat at the conference centre.
7. If you own a book that Don Campbell has written, bring it along and he will sign it. All of his books will be available to purchase along with several other extra information packages. They are worth every penny.

Hope that helps!

Great tips Carol!

ShannonMurree

REIN Member
QUOTE (JDRInvestments @ Mar 16 2009, 09:23 AM) Hi Brian and everyone attending..

If you are going to take the time to spend the entire weekend learning the ACRES system (it`s intense so come prepared and focused) then you should take advantage of the `free` members only meeting the night before. Invest in yourself and see why there are so many successful people in the room willing to help you and I.

In my opinion, you will either get it or you won`t. The first step is deciding to change your future, the next is to ask for help from people who are already where you want to be.

Good luck...I will see you there!
Insightful JD. Thanks!

AndyLuchies

Registered
I`m totally gonna be there with my best friend (it`ll change his life),

question: do people generally dress in business attire or is it more relaxed? I don`t want to be the only unshaven guy in the room wearing baggy pants and a hoodie, if you know what I mean...

ChrisDavies

Registered
QUOTE (jessandy @ Mar 19 2009, 01:31 PM) I`m totally gonna be there with my best friend (it`ll change his life),

question: do people generally dress in business attire or is it more relaxed? I don`t want to be the only unshaven guy in the room wearing baggy pants and a hoodie, if you know what I mean...

There`s a total mix. I`d go for what you`re comfortable in, but still present a professional appearance. I`m a fan of jeans, and collared shirt and sometimes a sport coat.

C

L

lanedry77

QUOTE (jessandy @ Mar 19 2009, 02:31 PM) question: do people generally dress in business attire or is it more relaxed? I don`t want to be the only unshaven guy in the room wearing baggy pants and a hoodie, if you know what I mean...
I`ve seen suits, and I`ve seen sweat suits.

Now, I`m not encouraging you to wear sweats
, but wear whatever you are comfortable in. they are LONG days, and if you`re not comfortable, you won`t retain as much.

David.

EdRenkema

Registered
QUOTE (DavidSandbrand @ Mar 19 2009, 07:09 PM) Now, I`m not encouraging you to wear sweats

David.

Or hockey gear

JoefromTO

REIN Member
QUOTE (CarlaJohnson @ Mar 16 2009, 10:26 PM) To any new attendees to ACRE:

Hope that helps!

Great post Carla! I registered about a month ago. I joined REIN Oct 2008 and missed the bus trip thing...man that depressed me lol. I`m looking forward to the ACRE weekend for sure. As for what I`ll be wearing, it`ll definitely be comfortable, so no suits for me. Probably jeans and a comfortable top and comfortable shoes.

I like the list you have provided. It`s a good reminder of how to come prepared.

CarlaJohnson

Registered
Sometimes the people wearing sweats are the ones who own 100 + properties and are there to have fun, meet like-minded people and help new investors. The crowd is always a great ecclectic mix.

Regarding clothes, comfortable, but sharp is my advice. Some years Don & Russell have done an ice-breaker activity looking for people wearing a floral shirt, but they don`t do it every year. Maybe keep one ironed just in case.